Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Willbof, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Willbof

Willbof New Member

Hi all, first post so go easy! I've done quite a bit of searching but haven't really found the answers I was hoping for.

New to drifting but loving it already. Took delivery of a 1999 E46 328 yesterday and I've got a few questions. It's got a few bits already, coilovers, hydro and a welded diff.

I hate the diff! I'd already decided before I bought the car that I'd be fitting an LSD but the question I have is do I go for the Kaaz that I've seen in the drift works shop or go for the M3 swap?
    My thinking is that the Kaaz would be less work to fit and being new I know it's going to work (hopefully), I've built a few diffs in my time so not worried about the build
    . I'd also be able to keep it for when I inevitably destroy the car and get another, I've always loved the E46.
    Anyone rate the Kaaz or is there another I should look at, definitely want a plate type rather than an ATB.

The other question is steering, at some stage I will definitely be fitting a full front end but am worried about bending it as I'm still very early in my drifting life. Are the cheap lock kits on eBay ok for a interim solution or just a waste of £30?

Thanks in advance.

2. Gee Kirkbright

Gee Kirkbright New Member

Great question about the lock kits