Project SRX8

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Ashm.8313, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Ashm.8313

Ashm.8313 New Member

So I have finally decided to get around to documenting my rx8 drift build which I hope to use to compete in the forces drift series next year or the year after, Im completely open to opinions help and any feedback or ideas. This will be my first ever drift build and I will be doing a lot of the work myself to keep costs down as low as possible, Sit tight and enjoy, I will try and keep this updated regularly.

2. Threadmark: updates and pictures.
    Ashm.8313

Ashm.8313 New Member

enginebay. engineout. startstate. frontsubframe. interior rear. interior strip. testfitment. stickers.
    Possibly taking a lot longer than most builds as I am hoping to do the whole thing right first time and as much of the work myself to keep costs down, here are a few pictures of how far I have got so far, not great quality but an updte never the less.
    The engine removed. Made easier by the fact the gearbox and prop had already been taken by the seller, Had a lot of fun stripping out the interior, quite a good stress reliever, also made easier due to the previous owner taking the seats out ready, what a great guy.
    purchased some XXR's off a guy named Doug, few people might know of him and his incredible 350z, kept me up to date with all the shipping details will definitely do business again.

Also what even is a build if you don't put stickers on it, I am always more than happy to support guys with businesses and throw them a few quid in exchange for some great stickers. team hangin' loose and zillalife for example.
    Finding tyres for these should be fun, for anyone who knows Haverfordwest as an area, there's not a lot going on in terms of businesses and so far from any competition it allows places here to charge whatever they want knowing people will have to go to great lengths to get a better deal.
    Anyway enough rambling on..

The engine was out and after a good look over it seems that the previous owner had got quite frustrated with the rotary and decided to hack bits off it rendering it pretty useless, if anyone would like half a rotary engine for free let me know, you will just have to cover shipping etc.
    The subframe looks pretty rusted im hoping its just on the surface and it can be reused for the time being.
    The interior is completely stripped of all wiring and trim all that remains is the steering rack and the ignition barrel.

I will try and keep updates more regular and try to get better pictures I will be enlisting the help of an amateur photographer who coincidentally works with me and is looking to expand his portfolio therefore we can both profit from this build. Was planning on trying to start a youtube build but don't have the time or the technical nous to pull it through.

As always look forward to any criticism whether good or bad, and look forward to more updates.