Teeside drifting on NYE?

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Chicken nugget, Dec 28, 2018.

1. Chicken nugget

Chicken nugget New Member

Hello I’m new to the forum, bought a bmw e36 323 a few months back welded the diff and sent it round Teeside, I found it quite difficult as it was my first time and unfortunately I had alternator problems which cut the day short too

Since then Iv put a new alt on, fitted 46 arms with strong flex eccentric bushes, e90 tierods, purple tag rack, two sparco buckets and fitted a eBay hydro. So hopefully i will have a better day with a better setup car an all. Have a selection of 205,225 and 235 tires to test out on the rear see what works and what dosent.

Booked myself on at Teeside on New Year’s Eve to have another shot! Anyone else on here going? I need some drifting friends to Guide me when I suck at it again...

2. Gee Kirkbright

Gee Kirkbright New Member

How did you get on?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Bu11et

Bu11et Well-Known Member

Only just seen this dude! I was there with my missus, it was her first time drifting, she was in the gold Mx5 Mk2, I was also driving it a bit aswell when she wasn't

I'd of been more than happy to give some tips throughout the day if I knew you were there!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chicken nugget

The day had its ups and downs. Had a problem with the car loosing power when It got hot. So I could only get about 20 mins driving for a hour letting the car cool down after removing the bonnet and the thermostat. From reading on here it sounds like it’s the cam or crank angle sensor breaking down? Apart from that it was good. Enjoyed driving the big track and got abit more use to using the hydro to slow myself down for the second bend. Still struggling with transitions between the hairpins. Unfortunatly I have now sold the car to a close friend to free up my space and time as I also have a s15 Silvia that requires attention. The deal we agreed on was he got a really good price but on the condition I can still share the car with him when he does drift days so It won’t be the last of it!
    7C0EB3C7-FC3F-4413-8AF2-2C0D619A79FF.

5. Chicken nugget

Aww never mind, il have to give you a message on here next time As it’s what I think I need and I’d really appreciate that How did the missus get on? Has she had any kind of aggressive track driving experience before or was it a complete new concept to her? I find it very hard to transition without spinning out. Iv done a few regular track days, been to the Nurburgring ring and slid about in a carparks. So I thought it would be a lot easier to get the hang of after watching people make it look easy. Really is a world of differance between a empty car park or wide junction to being on The track at Teeside.

6. Bu11et

Bu11et Well-Known Member

Ye definately bud!

Ye she loved it, was extremely nervous to begin with, but slowly got more confident, she can do 1 corner perfectly fine, but she also struggles with transitions but she'll get there slowly, I reckon she'll nail it next time she's out - She's only ever driven on the road and been drifting with me before, thats it... she's been on my sim a few times and had a go in my S13 but nothing major, she did amazing for her first time!

I agree, I've drifted since before I could drive thanks to my Sim lol so it's all I know I guess, but ye I can imagine going from a big empty car park to a dedicated track having to stick within its limits whilst drifting can be quite difficult!

7. Chicken nugget

Awesome! Was she on the west track or the national? I find the national a lot easier as you have more time to think with the bends being more spread out. However it’s more daunting to go on as there’s more people watching. I feel maybe I may going to hero too. rather than just taking it steady and separately drifting each corner and gradually learning to link up the transitions as the day goes on im trying to go all out and nail the perfect run each time but the skill is not there yet Where as I should probaly take a step back. The car being trailered and a absolute missile does not help as I couldnt care less if I damage it so just go full ham each time.

8. Bu11et

Bu11et Well-Known Member

I made her stick with West Track lol, and I told her to take each corner one at a time, complete opposite to you haha

I trailered her Mx5 up for her aswell and it went backwards into some tyres at one point but no damage bar a rear light broke some brackets

9. Chicken nugget

Haha I think that’s the approach I will take next time and I also only got the same damage from my offs

• Like Like x 1
  10. Gee Kirkbright

Anyone there on 21st?

11. Chicken nugget

If I can solve my problem with power loss when hot yes

12. Gee Kirkbright

well i need a diff welded and hopefully a hydro install

13. Bu11et

Bu11et Well-Known Member

We are taking Amy's mx5 again to 21st - would of taken my S13 but Im taking that to Three Sisters on 20th(day before lol)