Haltech ECU

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Zammish24, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Zammish24

Zammish24 Member

I've been looking at Haltech ECU's for my vvti 1jz. does anyone know a supplier in the UK for them? I know they're very popular in the States and Australia but how popular are they in the UK?

Currently looking at this
    https://www.haltech.com/product/ht-151246-elite-2000-toyota-chaser-jzx100-1jz-gte/

quite like its features, online support and quality of the ecu itself. Has anyone else got any experience with Haltech?
    thanks in advance

2. Andy318ti

Andy318ti Active Member

Your best speaking to your mapper and what he prefers.

I can't see past ecu master stuff myself. Cost to performance it beats them all, has huge online support and they're constantly updating and altering software.

Seems the drift community has been led down an expensive path of link or nothing, but you need to spend 3k to get the same performance as an Ecumaster Black.

3. Zammish24

Zammish24 Member

I have just emailed ecu master, hopefully they'll have something available for a vvti

4. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

Haltech has been around in this country for ages so should still be people out there working with it.

Down to personal preference of your tuner, but I do wonder if Link are just better at marketing their products to people, which is why you see them more often.

5. Andy318ti

Andy318ti Active Member

Either the classic or the black will run vvti no issues.
    Just depends what you want to run and log if you choose the more expensive of the two.

Link is just a well marketed brand, why do they have cars in all drift championships?
    But not many in other forms of motorsport. Mr link is laughing and rubbing his hands together.

6. Zammish24

Zammish24 Member

I'm not going to crazy power really, ideally want around 450bhp from bolt ons really (i know im the type of guy that likes filing ring gaps, checking bearing tolerances) but because its the only car ive got thats working i cant get too in depth with it.
    All i want to do is fit a big single turbo, bigger injectors and that should get me to where i wanna be. I've already done supporting mods such as fuel pumps, inter-cooler etc.
    (wanna do away with the ancient fragile MAF sensor)

What do you think about EMUmaster Andy? customer support is the biggie for me if im honest. whats the software like to use?
    I mean i'm pretty good with tuner studio as its very simple and user friendly, i assume this is the similar?
    How long have you had your ecu for mate?
    sorry for the million questions, just i have to be sure when using different engine management I'm not familiar with, i've done alot of research for now haha

7. Andy318ti

Andy318ti Active Member

Bang for buck it can't be beaten.
    It's the only ecu software I've used so can't compare, I have heard mappers say it's not as well set out as some of the others.
    Seems nice and simple to me, download the software and have a look for yourself.

There is no need for expander boxes or controllers for widebands. It's all built into the ecu. There's a huge amount of plug and play harnesses too if you want that option.

Their Facebook page seems to get plenty attention from ecumaster staff and the forum is also pretty good for information.

My classic has been fitted for 3 years now, and know of 10+ drift cars up here that run them. Some with the black some classic

8. Zammish24

Zammish24 Member

thanks Andy, i have been on their Facebook page and im surprised how popular they are! plenty of knowledgeable people and questions too!
    I've managed to talk to a guy that after one too and seems relatively simple.