2jz gte vvti misfire at 5500 help needed

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by turbotezza, Sep 6, 2019.

1. turbotezza

turbotezza Member

Hi ive got a problem with my toyota aristo 2jz gte vvti auto its compleatly standard engine at the moment and runs very well starts first time idles perfect pulls well but has a misfire / hesitation at around 5500rpm ive read and read on internet
    ive changed plugs for new ones gapped them to 0.27
    ive put new coilpacks (genuine) on (vvti has the 3 coilpacks)
    ive replaced the coilpack connections
    i havent replaced the 3 spark plug leads that go from coils to other 3 pots yet but they all look good
    so then thought maybe its fueling so i checked fuel filter by running it without fuel filter in i took it out tank and made up a pipe where it went ,,, but still same

could it be faulty injector ? when reving it by hand under bonnet it kinda sounds like its pot 3 or 4 playing up slightly knocking !! feck!
    i read about neutral switch sensor and how they should only rev to 5800 in neutral and this could be faulty but it will only start in neutral so im guessing its ok saying that after a 2/3 second hic cup it can rev past it round to 8000rpm and it will do this in neutral!!
    ive tried to read codes via paper clip in obd2 but the dash lights go crazy all lighting up and flashing like its xmas ! i wonder if this is cos its got an after market imob or is there serious wiring probs also my little obd2 scanner says fault comunicating

like i say other than this its runs so well .

im lost pls help

2. Zammish24

Zammish24 Member

I had a 5k limit when i lost power to my MAF sensor on my 2jz.
    If that doesn't work try Ground the NSW wire from the ECU directly to the chassis, see if that works

3. turbotezza

turbotezza Member

hiya zammish tyvm for your reply , i will try that and post up result ,