Jzx100 torque figures for 500hp

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Mattvaughan180, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Mattvaughan180

Hi all just a quick question if anyone knows roughly what figures to expect or if you’ve done a build yourself and know what figures you got from your 500hp build I would love to know??
    I’m currently looking at clutch’s for my Toyota chaser 1jz vvti and my aim is to build the car to the 500hp mark give or take but obviously clutch’s are rated to torque and I’m not sure what that figure would be at that hp?? And also any recommendations on clutch’s to use
    thanks matt.

#1 Mattvaughan180, Dec 27, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Japtorque

Japtorque Active Member

545bhp 471ft/lbs
    447bhp 428ft/lbs
    I'd go for a twin plate, it will last longer and better pedal actuation . but their more expensive. and often require their own flywheel

3. Rav

Rav New Member

Just a quick one will parts for a chaser still fit mark II? People have told me they can and other said they cant. anyone could help me on this?

4. Mattvaughan180

thanks for the info at least now I know what to expect, was looking at them xtreme clutch’s or act ones, I was after as oem feel as possible as I’m street specing the car

5. Mattvaughan180

Same car underneath mate bar the body style difference

6. Rav

Rav New Member

Ok thanks. Now it would be way easier getting parts as i thought they were different.

7. Mattvaughan180

someone please correct me if I’m wrong but yeah I think so bud

8. Mattvaughan180

you seem a man with a bit of knowledge can you recommend any reasonably priced clutch’s that can hold that power?
    I’m guessing either a 6 puck competition clutch or a 6 puck xtreme clutch??

9. Japtorque

Japtorque Active Member

a 6 puck competition clutch might be a bit harsh, it would handle around 450bhp, It will sometimes judder when pulling away when cold

there's a big jump between a clutch that can handle say 450bhp and 700bhp, in a twin you can have 2 street-able discs that resemble stock clutch discs that can handle around 350bhp each
    but a twin is nearly 3x the price of a single ,.. it depends on your goals and weather you'd like a lighter flywheel with it too