1jzgte Non VVTI limp mode issue

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Rusted86, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Rusted86

Rusted86 New Member

Hi there,

I have a 1jzgte non vvti which is staying in limp mode. I did the flash codes and got code 21 (O2 sensor) and code 41 and 47 ( throttle position sensor) I have put 2 different TPS sensors in and made no difference both are known to be good. It's running a single turbo with a piggyback ecu. I took the 1jz ecu apart and replaced a capacitor which seemed to be leaking everything else seemed ok. Power going to piggyback ecu also. Checked grounds, vacuum lines etc. A friends 1jz will run without the tps and not go into limp mode.

Anyone any ideas what to check next?

Below is a video of what it's doing. Car idles fine and it cuts at about 2300rpm. Video is of throttle been held down. No problem starting etc. Any suggestions/ help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. Martin P

Martin P Member

Have you fixed the code 21?
    Check the wiring for the tps codes. Both tps end an ECU end for damage. Can you unplug the piggyback an try then? Or try your ECU on another car?
    Just to start ruling out fault areas

3. Rusted86

Rusted86 New Member

Ya fixed code 21 new 02 sensor. Calibrated tps and got rid of code 41. Have code 47 remaining. Think this is for sub throttle position sensor. Abs, traction control not wired in on ecu so thinking that's prob gona be there anyway. Removed piggy and joined up cut wires. Starts etc but wont rev passed 2300 rpm as before. Put back as before and still in limp mode... Replaced capacitors in ecu and put ecu back in. Ran for short while fine ( rev to limiter etc) but fell back into limp mode. Checked all grounds at ecu, engine bay, checked vacuum lines, vac leaks etc.
    Doesnt seem to be any loose wires at ecu side. Cant see any wires that are broken etc either. Cleaned plugs ecu and connectors. No different. Going to try a different ecu and see does it do anything.

4. riske

riske Member

Did you ever get to the route of the problem??? Many thanks

5. Rusted86

Rusted86 New Member