Geomaster 2 Caliper Issues

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by R32.Sam, Mar 29, 2020.

1. R32.Sam

R32.Sam Member

Hi guys,
    Currently building my R32 Sedan GTST

I've come across a pretty big issue with the Caliper mounting on the GM2 Knuckles on the rear.

The discs do not sit central on both sides thus making it very hard to turn as it grinds on the Cs caliper, the picture below is an example with the right side closest to the mounting points. Therefore a spacer inbetween the hub and caliper would not work but only push it further out..

Am I missing something? Is it something I will have to work around.

Both discs and pads are new and correct type for the car Ebc GD699 Rears Turbo groove.

Any help from people who've have the same issue just trying to clear things up.

Screenshot_20200329_093612_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.

2. R32.Sam

R32.Sam Member

Also had anyone had issues with upper traction arms touching the CV boot, especially when jacked.

3. Andy318ti

Andy318ti Active Member

Shite welding in my opinion, the piece has pulled when the long weld was done. We hit them straight and no more rubbing.
    Upper arms not be tickled with a grinder to create some clearance?
    Are you running gtr shafts?

4. R32.Sam

R32.Sam Member

Just double checking and tbh its the answer I've seen with most. May get the tabs re welded and positioned.

Re: the traction arm. Wonder if running DW upper traction arms would help as they're thinner. Than the stock.

#4 R32.Sam, Mar 29, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2020