Late model ignition barrel vs early model ignition barrel

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by NovelliX, Sep 1, 2020.

?

Just send it and stop asking redundant questions?

1. Of course

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, it's good to find how things are suppose to work before modifying them

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. NovelliX

NovelliX New Member

So I've got a late model (1996) 180sx, and ive purchased a different ignition barrel for the sole reason of it came with and works with a cool rare oem key. Problem is that I've noticed that the ignition barrel in my car has a white module right below the key hole with two wires coming out of it (red and white, and red and blue) which lead down to a plug that's yellow (usuualy in my experience something airbag related) and the would be replacement barrel has in it's place a black... cover? I guess you could call it, which does not protrude at all as opposed to the white one which does and of course has two wires coming from it.
    So my main question is, can I replace this existing barrel with the white module with the other barrel and everything work fine? Im not planning on running an airbag so I'm not concerned about that so much worst case I'll get a light which I may already have as the car is in a very far from running state. Would be sick to get someone who's done a similar thing surely it's happened before if not ehh I'll probably just send it and unplug the wire and just keep the old barrel in case

20200901_183725.