Reshell uk s14a into jap 180sx

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by koosh, Oct 31, 2020.

1. koosh

koosh Member

So.....
    I havent been on here in a few years now, but always found the members on here to be full of knowledge and very willing to help where possible.
    I currently have a UK spec s14a, which has now met its match in the old rust department, and have recently put a deposit down on a very clean import 180sx SIL80 Shell
    The new shell comes minus engine, gearbox, prop, diff and shafts but the engine loom etc is still all present.

My question to the ones in the know is : is it going to be as easy as just unbolt the missing parts from my rusty old s14a, and hook it up and away i go, or is there fundimental differences between uk spec engine/loom and the original 180sx from japan? what about prop shaft lengths? currently the S14 is running a Nistune ecu, so will this be a plug and play?

I'm sure there are gonna be plenty questions along the way, but i think that will do for starters.... any help with this will be much appreciated

cheers
    koosh

2. light-r

light-r Member

youre better off removing everything from your s14.
    engine, gearbox, wiring.
    leave the original 180sx propshaft, diff, half shafts and suspension.
    its time consuming, but its not that hard, because you'll be using most of the parts from your s14.

3. crazyae86

crazyae86 Well-Known Member

hey mate
    is almost everyhting bolt on is not so hard to fit on it
    some good tools a duddy guy and cup of tea