who to use to import a car?

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by tbrindle, Apr 2, 2021.

1. tbrindle

tbrindle New Member

who or what company is best to use to import a car from japan?

2. Blitz.

Blitz. Member

I used Torque GT back in sept 2018 to get my Chaser. I picked it from auction and after I won the car was on the road in the UK by late Jan 19. So 3 months from winning the auction in Japan to driving it home. Super easy to use, They inspected the car in Japan and the UK, installed an alarm, undersealed the car and replaced the cam belt and only wanted half the cost when I won the auction and the remaining balance when I collected. I think they wanted just £500 as a deposit up front and that went towards the total cost. All in all 10/10 I'd not use anyone else.

3. Robbie J

Robbie J New Member

I use these, you pay a fee they find the car, pay shipping etc and you sort out getting it off the boat this end. https://auc.imekacars.com/

It's easy on this end, just the cost of getting off the boat £250 and you pay the tax to them, the gov sends you a nova cert, you get it MOTed (add a fog) and insured send in the road tax + £55 and you get a V5C. Done it 5 times in the last 3 years

imeka cars will give you access to the auctions if you like something pay £30 for an inspection then bid on it

If a agent does it all you pay a big markup!

4. Robbie J

Robbie J New Member

upload_2021-4-16_14-25-18.
    upload_2021-4-16_14-26-38.

I must admit I enjoy looking at all the cars and Auction sheets