s13 front steering arms Qs

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by nwokn, Apr 8, 2021.

Tags:
  1. nwokn

nwokn New Member

So I've got the hardrace anti bump steer track rod ends on my PS13 and am looking at the D-Max type R adjustable inner track rods. Just wondering what the benefit of having adjustable length on the track rod is?
    I have got some japspeed inner track rods atm which have the built in 5mm rack spacer on each side, however these do not have adjustable length on the arms. I am looking to eventually get some drop knuckles so I assume having adjustable length on the track rod means more compatibility with drop knuckles?
    Car is sitting at max low all round on D-Max super street coils so safe to say I have the usual S body skywards pointing suspension arms.
    TL;DR - asking for advice on what I need to do to get some more lock without going crazy and for it to be explained as if your talking to a 10 year old cause I am not clever
    Cheers

2. BenRice

BenRice Well-Known Member

I'd recommend the gktech roll centre adjusters in your situation. No cutting needed, fixes your upward angled arms, gives you more clearance and a heap more lock

https://au.gktech.com/s13-180sx-40mm-roll-center-correction-kit

There's even a video to save me explaining how they work in dumb dumb language lol

Sell the hardrace anti bump steer outers, fit stock outers & keep the japspeed inners. It'll mean if/when you break an outer finding a replacement is a lot easier

• Like Like x 2
  3. nwokn

nwokn New Member

had no idea these existed, cheers for this! Just noticed your username, I'm actually following your SR20DE+T guide on my car, will let you know how she goes once done

• Like Like x 1
  4. BenRice

BenRice Well-Known Member

All good, feel free to fire me any questions dude