Cresta JZX90 Crank but no start

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by CrestaJZX90, May 5, 2021.

1. CrestaJZX90

CrestaJZX90 New Member

Hello everyone,
    I have a 1995 Cresta JZX90 TOURER V 1JZ GTE NON-VVTI I was able to drive it home from work just fine and then on my day off I decided to fix my blower motor so I took it out and cleaned out all the debris that was stuck in the blower motor and when I put it all back together, I went to try and start my car but it wouldn't start.
    I know I'm getting spark so I went to try and start it with starter fluid and it started for a few secs.
    So my first assumption is the fuel pump. I went and replaced it with a WALBRO 255 fuel pump but car still wouldn't start? I can hear the fuel pump priming.
    I'm running
    Stock ECU
    Stock injectors
    Stock twin turbos
    Any help would be awesome. Been stumped on this for 2 weeks now and still can't figure out what's wrong.

2. S14_Daniel

S14_Daniel New Member

Hi,
    a car needs 4 things to run
    • Spark.
    • Fuelfuel pressure and fuel injector pulse.
    • Compression.
    • Timing – All of the above at the right time.
    im sure you will find the issue...
    but i didnt see how this fit all together, the car has 2 run even without the blower motor right? maybe there is some connector loosen ?
    also can be 2 much air, something not tight enough?

3. CrestaJZX90

CrestaJZX90 New Member

Hey there Daniel
    appreciate the reply. But yes the car can run even without the blower motor as the blower motor is just a fan use to blow air for A/C and HEATER.
    I was guessing connector loosen as well just couldn't find that loosen connection anywhere as I checked every harness and tried to unplug and replug.
    I'm guessing my injectors aren't firing because I hear my fuel pump running and it's going to my fuel rail as it squirts out fuel.
    So it seems my injectors aren't getting power but I need to confirm 100% with a multimeter but I checked the CAM position Sensor and noticed oil got into the plug and prongs. I'm not sure if that will cause a shortage but like I said, I'll need to get a multimeter to double check there's power going to the sensor and injectors.
    Overall after inspecting the car this is what I got it down to,
    Either the ECU somehow went bad
    Bad connection somewhere under the passenger dash
    Or a shortage somewhere

• Like Like x 1
  4. S14_Daniel

S14_Daniel New Member

yeah test them with a multimeter, and hear with a screwdriver on them :)
    but you say you got a spark so i dont think ist the cam sensor.
    yeah maybe its the ecu but how can you test that :o long time ago i broke mine in my rx8 and wtf it was a pain until i found that issue :D