help with turboing altezza

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by turbotezza, Dec 22, 2021.

1. turbotezza

turbotezza Member

hi to all an a merry christmas
    i could do with some advice on finishing my altezza turbo ,,had car many years an has just sat waiting to be finished an really need to finish it ,
    its a altezza rs200 6speed manual that had been turbo converted with cast manifold, gt25 turbo, apexi fc ecu white 550c injectors, uprated fuel pump, intercooler
    it didnt go bad at all but then due to the high compression an need of a remap the inevitable happened and it went bang an melted tops of pistons 2 an 3
    anyway so i took engine out and had it rebored put in fully forged pistons (carrera) and rods solid fl wheel ,TRD clutch , then ported the head an put in toda 264 268 cams nothing to wild , will these be ok to run boost ?
    engine went back in an thats how its sat ,, oh its now got compression of 8.5 to 1 to run boost better
    im looking for the 400 450 hp mark an need some advice on what injectors ,,turbo,,to use ,
    will i need a fuel return line in ?
    will the apexi power fc an hand contol be up to the job ? can i run a map sensor on it an do away with the maf ?
    if not what ecu should i get ? the vvti concerns me anyone have any knowlage of tuning vvti an boost ? or can it be deleted compleatly ?
    is it worth changing the N/A inlet manifold for an aftermatket boosted job?

also got a external wastegate to go on an bigger intercooler

thanks an sorry for all the question
    steve