Help importing a car to Northern Ireland

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by MrBD, Jul 11, 2022.

1. MrBD

MrBD New Member

Hi, first time posting here and was a bit stuck on this. Currently bringing in a USZ131 toyota crown and it will be arriving in a couple of months.

Its going to be coming into N.I via Dublin port, I've tried a few different customs clearance places and they don't seem to be able/want to deal with Dublin. I know most cars imported here seem to come via Dublin.

Anyone else done this before or have any advice or recommendations on good agents?

Many thanks

2. Rubix_Cube

Rubix_Cube Member

It probably used to be fine before Brexit. Now you are technically bringing the car into an EU country then moving to a Non-EU country.

3. v-specii

v-specii Member

Give Rob at Kleerfrieght a shout, he may be able to help with this or possibly give some advice regarding it.

4. MrBD

MrBD New Member

Thanks for the replies, did try kleerfreight as a first choice but they just said they were unable to deal with Dublin port. In the end I got in touch with MCC customs brokers and they were able to sort things out.

Seems it may be a post brexit thing too as I was told you need a "T1 transit declaration" to allow the car to be transported from Dublin docks into northern ireland. That also requires a transporter/trailer reg plate for the document so no driving it home insured on the chassis number for me :cry:

5. MrBD

MrBD New Member

Right, just for anyone who finds this and might be wondering. The current situation is that the car comes into dublin and then has a T1 transport document made for it, it then has to be transported on a lorry or trailer to Belfast for customs and then to your house after. A bit of a pain for me but at least was all explained. (althought the car has stilll not quite arrived because of endless delays :no:)

6. aqaminerala

aqaminerala New Member

Stuff like that happens when importing a car, but you forget about it once you get the car.