180sx "Trying to be a drift car"

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Stylepoints.180, Oct 31, 2022.

1. Stylepoints.180

Stylepoints.180 New Member

I brought this just before the covid hit and ended up getting this for a whole $3000 aud, its a 1992 Nissan 180sx jap import, factory sr20det, factory manual, factory sunroof and KH3 black.
    Now it was a rolling shell with no rust, here what it came with...

Monkey magic sideskirts & rear bar
    unknown brand front bar
    25mm fenders front and rear w/ bolt on flares
    reverse face 16" volk wheels
    seized coilovers
    fake bride fixed back
    s13 hood

Solid pick up for $3000 to be fair

Got it to a mates place/shop and started pulling it down to try and squeeze a ford falcon N/A Barra w/ T5 into it

Now it looked really un-pretty here as the "mate" who was spose to be making engine mounts for me did nothing and let it sit for a year and a half in a carport before I gave up on the barra idea and sold it and took the car home.

At this time I figured I would tear it fully down replace the bodykit, nuts bolts, wheels, engine everything really...worst idea i've ever had.

I'm no fabricator or photographer so I don't know how well I will be able to update this with decent information or photos

#1 Stylepoints.180, Oct 31, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Stylepoints.180

I got it home and stripped all the fiberglass off the car and swapped my wide body for stock steel fenders then brough a 180sx hood, head lights with working motors and OEM chuki side skirts.
    Where I worked at the time we had a paint booth, so I got the fenders and skirts sprayed in BMW metallic black as that was what was being painted that day

while that was happening, I came across an Origin Labo v3 duck wing and swapped a spare set of tail lights I had for a stock rear bumper

My work mate then mentioned he had a bolt in half cage laying around from his 180sx and gave it too me for super cheap, I think like $150

1902. wing. cage. hood.

#2 Stylepoints.180, Oct 31, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Stylepoints.180

So the past few weeks have been hectic with moving house and dealing with my partner writing her car off, her and our son are ok thank god!!

New house has an actual shed big enough for 2 cars with benches and tool boxes etc. I did just order all new Hardrace rear arms, koyo rad and nismo low temp thermo. will up date more when i have time or pictures

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stylepoints.180

Sorry I haven't been too active on here lately, I've been traveling and doing the dad thing with my kid's

but update, I brought a origin labo roof wing to match my v3 spoiler and got the car up on axel stands and mainly just sorted my shed
    Motivation and funds are a little low after christmas and with traveling overerseas. ill get round to sorting coilovers and arms out soon aswel as new brakes, rotors,lines etc
    upload_2023-1-20_9-44-53.
    upload_2023-1-20_9-45-18.

• Like Like x 1
  5. crazyae86

crazyae86 Well-Known Member

hey mate
    big motor
    big power yea 4.000cc 6cyl

6. MehGyver

MehGyver Member

Love the oem fenders instead of the plastic ones

• Like Like x 1
  7. Boogiegato

Boogiegato New Member

Woah, that's a speed brake, not a wing :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Stylepoints.180

OEM over fibreglass any day

hahaha you arent wrong

The big block would have been sick, but no longer the option im going with as the fab work was FAR beyond my skill level, SR20 is gods motor after all so back to the SR we go

9. Stylepoints.180

Quick update....

been busy with life...everything for the fuel system is now sorted (walbro 460, tomei FPR, e85 fuel filter, lines, stock fuel tank etc.), Sparco seats fixed backs, nrg hub and quick release, body kit I got from a mate, finished the 5 stud swap minus some s14 calipers I need and test fitted some advans on to check size and offset (18x10 +25) also removed the airbrake origin spoiler cause ewwww

180 2.

10. MehGyver

MehGyver Member

I know the struggle with life getting busy, good to see this thing just continuing to get better tho!

• Like Like x 1