Electric drifting (Dwyb) ChargeheadsUK

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Timma001, Jan 5, 2023.

1. Timma001

Timma001 Member

Hi all,
    I used to drift S14's and an R33 back in the day at Mallory, pod and Snetterton.

As the EV revolution is marching on I started a youtube channel called ChargeheadsUK focusing on Modified EV's and EV conversions.
    I'm building an electric TVR with a tesla motor and have a mildly modded Tesla model 3. There are drift options on the Tesla model 3 and I have other EV conversion owners looking to drift.

I called Santa pod and they said as long as its road worthy its good to drift, however I wanted to check with the person who runs it. Lex used to be the man back in the day who's the main person now?

2. oscar

oscar Member

Are Santa Pod staff suitably qualified/trained to deal with an EV incident?

3. Timma001

Timma001 Member

Its a great point Oscar.
    This is why I spoke to pod staff first rather than just turning up. I know they have electric drag cars at pod including electric classic cars tesla powered Beetle last year running on the strip, which suggests they have experience in this area and one would think training, similar to the fire service for UK roads.
    Once i have the organisers blessing I will go back to pod's staff to reconfirm safety measures as the safety of people attended is a top priority of mine. Very similar to my TVR EV conversion following best practice for building a safe and road legal conversion, not an easy job.

I hope I can have support from the drifting community and demonstrate how much fun can be had in an EV for a drift day.

4. oscar

oscar Member

Until the government allow conversions the same rights as manufactured ev's, conversions are at best niche and pretty much dead in the water.
    It makes far more sense to convert existing vehicles BUT you are fighting against one of the Worlds richest arseholes.... good luck with that.