ECU suggestions for CA18DET currently fitted with Turbonoz chip.

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by green200b, Jan 27, 2023.

1. green200b

green200b New Member

Hi everybody,

I have recently purchased an S13 200SX. The car is fitted with a TD05 turbo, 550cc injectors (I have been told this by the previous owner but I'm unsure), a front-mount intercooler, a custom inlet manifold and a 3 inch exhaust. The engine is controlled by a standard ECU with a Turbonoz Stage 3 chip. Currently the car runs and drives but it needs a tune. It came with a dyno printout from 2016 from a place in Scotland stating that the car made 327hp. I am based in London and have not contacted the tuner in Scotland.

After having similar problems contacting Turbonoz via his website I found this thread: https://www.driftworks.com/forum/threads/180sx-turbonoz-install-question.271383/ and tried contacting Noell through Facebook, however he has not read the message or replied. I would like to get the car tuned so that I can drive it properly and get more that 150 miles to a tank. It has occured to me that the car made have had a different ECU and at some point had the Turbonoz ECU installed.

So, does anybody speak to Turbonoz and see if he is still tuning his ECUs? Failing that, what are people's suggestions on what to do instead? I am not trying to break any records or do anything crazy with this car, just make it as reliable and as efficient as is realistically possible (I would like to drive this around Europe). I have friends in Australia who have had great success with Nistune ECUs, and I have read up on Horsham chips being used here. I don't really want to go for an aftermarket ECU, so what do people suggest I do given what I currently have?

Thanks, Alistair.