2jz rx7 fc3s

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Ozmand0, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Ozmand0

Ozmand0 New Member

First post on Driftworks..

Bought the car 4 years ago, but never had the time,money and the experience to start the project..therefore bought a drift ready r33 and a tomei powered ps13 and enjoyed for 2 years..after two years i had the guts to start my project..English is not my native tongue by the way so sorry if i am straightforward all the time..

we have found the car in a junkyard..it was left hand drive, first thing ı decided was to change it to right hand drive..also the engine was in very bad condition which was not a problem for me because ı was obsessed with 2jz anyway.. i had to sell my ps13, r33 and my daily e93

First plan was to build a drift car for track..after starting the project ı have changed my mind because the chassis was registered to road..Therefore ı have decided on drift car on road..

[​IMG]

follow on instagram: 2jz_fc3s

After taking the engine out decided to tig weld each and every centimeter of the chassis..it was a nonsense decision.. but i was inexperienced and i didnt know a road car should be..

After welding ı spent 2 months on cleaning all the deadening. ı will never ever do it again! it was a nightmare!!!

Tig welded even the sunroof =)
    [​IMG]

all Deadening gone..

Decided that the fc dash looks old and ugly..ı am going with a s14 dash... also swapped left hand to right..ı thought swaping the steering and the pedals going to be easy but it wasnt...

[​IMG]

chopped the front end because to be able to work on the engine or take it our easily..had to paint the car to red to be able to pass the mot..friends helping ruining my car :)
    [​IMG]

http://imageshack.com/a/img921/2658/cytNpI.jpg
    [IMG]http://imageshack.com/a/img922/709/nTt8BH.jpg

also had to cut the middle section of the firewall to be able to push the engine back..

[IMG]http://imageshack.com/a/img922/1646/5QdMc0.jpg

Bought a small sandblasting machine from ebay and started blasting whatever ı can :)
    [​IMG]

Got them sprayed
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

all the useless holes in the engine bay and under the car filled..under code done
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have never thought that i will let someone choose the engine bay color.. my girlfriend chose it... no one except us didn't like it =)) but ı am happy with it..something different..

[​IMG]

on the way back to the garage..its 40c in Cyprus and its nearly impossible to work in this weather..will progress even slower these months..
    [​IMG]

bought Energy suspension bush kit..also have solid diff and subframe bushes..
    [​IMG]

rear subframe done..My HKS coilovers are back from service

[​IMG]

Bought my JDM 2jz as well as bought a R154 series 2 gearbox and Clutch master Clutch complete clutch kit.. planning to use the standard fc3s diff if the ratios are acceptable..diff is stock with some shims..bought a soarer shaft and mate it with my fc3s shaft
    [​IMG]

will put on the rear model sump to clear the steering rack and the subframe..
    [​IMG]

Rob Cousens warned me about swap kits unfortunately i couldn't afford buying tech2 therefore bought xcessive manufacturing swap kit and i had to modify nearly every part they sent..unhappy with what ı paid for.. think again when buying swap kits..spend more or get stressed!! despite modifying xcessive engine mounts the engine still sits way high!! ı also cut the pinch weld and pushed the engine back as possible..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

got the cutback done with one silencer in the middle and one at the back..also an electronic valve before the first silencer..
    [​IMG]

Planning to use 40 Liter tank, and a pod ...bosch 044 from tank to the pod...bosch 044 from pod to the engine...bosch filter...AEM fuel regulator... one way valves... fuel cuts...an8 fuel hose from Torques and an8 fittings from Torques..reached my limit on spending on fuel system..ı hope it works just fine..still think where to place the pod..

[​IMG]

Planning to drive the car with stock turbos for few months, with a ECU masters at 1,2 Bar..i dont think it will be powerful enough but cannot spend on it at the moment.. also bought cam seals, crank seals and will buy a time belt kit this week just to make sure important stuff are new and safer..
    [​IMG]

Thats all for now. need some rest..ı am open for all your ideas.. please follow on instagram: 2jz_fc3s

#1 Ozmand0, Jun 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2016
  2. The Boss

The Boss Member

Epic work going down here

3. joelhachiroku

joelhachiroku Member

4. Ozmand0

Ozmand0 New Member

Requested the group now mate,i wish i have seen your group before,i needed to ask so many questions :)..bought the engine mounts and the box mounts from excessive and spend hours on modding them to fit..

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk