350z as first drift car? (UK)

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Ismet_GS, Jan 24, 2020.

1. Ismet_GS

Ismet_GS New Member

Hi,

So i've been looking around for some drift cars, my initial thought was to get something stupid like a S15 or Chaser but then realised why the hell would i spend that much money for something thatll probs get wrecked.

Im thinking a 350z would be a good idea to get as you can get a decent one for 4k which is MUCH cheaper than a chaser or s15 hahah and its also ready to drift right out the box + welded diff, maybe oil cooler and power steering cooler and boom a somewhat stable drift car. (Also i really dont want to get a BMW)

Im just asking this as ive never drifted a car at all and i thought id ask people who have and how the car would be for a beginner such as my self.

Any advice would be appreciated!
    Thanks.

2. Rippon766

Rippon766 Member

I started in a 350z and it's fine for a beginner. I'd still class myself as a beginner to be honest.

They don't need much doing to them out of the box to get skidding well. They have plenty of power and torque, the engines are pretty simple and not too difficult to work on.

• Like Like x 1
  3. richie_k83

richie_k83 Well-Known Member

They are a good car, my latest drifter is a 2006 350z and have been pretty chuffed with it so far. Decent Power and plenty of aftermarket parts to keep you going when the standard car holds you back.

For the price of them at the moment, I can see a few more turning out at the track in the future.

Just make sure you give it regular quality oil changes and keep the cooling system in check, as they do run hot. Worth running an Oil cooler/alloy Rad if budget allows.