Just an idea to show how hard fast drifting is

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by Mattyboi, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Mattyboi

Mattyboi Active Member

At silverstone the drift cars look faster into turn one than the time attack cars and about the same around the final corner so what i`m thinking is, to show how fast they are going..............

Send a drift car out ahead of a time attack car and then run them the other way around.

Would show all the drift newbies how fast they are going as silverstone masks alot of the speed because of the sheer size of the place. Also people know the time attack cars are fast and are pushing to the limit and to see a drift car keep up/ beat one around the corners would convert them i`m sure!!!

I`m sure some people would cry "fix" but i`m sure maz could talk them round:thumbs:

2. suprmek1

suprmek1 Dori Mechanic

yes defo prove to some of my colleges that drifting a corner can and normally is if not for show faster than grip

3. mitto

mitto -NIGHTSPIRT FAMILY-

couple of us were timing the brooklands / luffield section and ALL cars, drift and time attack took roughly 7 seconds to get round the sections that we were judging. The drift cars were faster up until the exit of the corner at which point the time attack cars made the time back up. The result being, that if we "gripped" out of corners we would be faster, although if the time attackers became more adept at cadance braking then they would be faster to.

So basically, we are nigh on even round the corners.

4. superclarkey

superclarkey DORITECH MOTORSPORT

yet people still drift there skylines and s14's on 195 rubber... lol "look dad 4th gear" (20mph)

lol

5. Spoonman

Spoonman Member

Could do that at knockhill, its pretty damn fast down the main straight (specially if you start before the hairpin) and then the first two corners are downhill so even if youre drifting gravity keeps your momentum going more than on other tracks.

6. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Ive always wanted to show this, infact, we've been talking for a while about doing this as a nice big techy feature, esp as we got all the Datron gear to do it.

Would be good to time a top EDC car or two (runs with them gripping and drifting as fast as they can), versus a top Time Attack car, a decently modded road/track car (Skyline or Scooby or whatnot), and a less mental modded road car (some hot hatch).

With the gear we got we can show speeds at all incraments of the track, to see where they gaining or losing pace versus the other cars.

Main issue is being able to, as getting the cars together and getting on the track is neither cheap nor easy unless done in conjunction with an EDC/TA round or similar.

But we bang up for it :nod:

7. Glen

Glen Active Member

Would that be the Knockhill Round 3 of EDC and Time Attack scheduled in Redline Magazine for the 18th July then :euge:

Not sure it's a good idea doing this as they may well get it wrong or put across the wrong information, again :euge:

8. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Oooh, typo, to be fair its not exactly hard to hit 1 instead of the 2 key next to it, and as its just a date its not something the checkers would easy pick up...

Lucky though really, the other mags made such a big mistake all their big EDC and TA reports like ours seem not to exist.

9. Glen

Glen Active Member

Phew thats ok then, pretty damn lucky you never got TOTB or any other dates wrong then :euge:

I'm pleased you guys realise the value of EDC and TA as content and the way the scene is progressing generally, the 'other' mags do cover us and no doubt they will be increasing there coverage to your extent soon but you guys are definetly leading the way at present :)

10. Bon Bon

Bon Bon It'll be fine

We could have a challenge, I *dare* you to go faster into the corner etc...would be fun... :wack:

11. superclarkey

superclarkey DORITECH MOTORSPORT

i know who would win :)

12. Spoonman

Spoonman Member

The guy who doesnt mind hitting a wall? that would certainly do it if all youre worried about is entry speed :smash:

13. Bladerider

Bladerider Ajudged scoundrel !!

The day i can drift a corner at the same pace as Gareth Lloyd can drive it normally my life will be complete !!!!

:D :D :D

14. Mattyboi

Mattyboi Active Member

He`s banned from the demo/entry comp because of his god like driving skills!:worthy:

15. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

and his ginger hair

16. Bon Bon

Bon Bon It'll be fine

17. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

:D :thumbs: :wave:

I love gingers, well, fit birds...

Ooooh Alex Sim-Wise...

[​IMG]

You noticed that Bon, all the most amaaaazing gingers have double barreled surnames, lol

#17 Stavros, Jun 22, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2007
  18. Glen

Glen Active Member

I think you've made a typo again Stav, you meant minger(s) yeah :D

19. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Nah man, she mint, sort them glasses out Glen, they must be steamed up and you cant see her right :D

#19 Stavros, Jun 22, 2007
  20. docwra

docwra Active Member

Daaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnn. :smokin: Still my most favouritest "show" bird :smitten:
    EDIT: Aye aye - didnt know she got her rat out as well - bonus :thumbs:

:worthy:

#20 docwra, Jun 22, 2007