KE70 - Is it beyond repair??

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Dori Edd, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Dori Edd

Dori Edd BONGED

Right, today decided I was going to crack on and repair what I had originally thought were 2 reasonably small holes on the left suspension turret. Of course in my naivity I hadn't expected the rust to just keep appearing the more paint and interior we removed.

Below are pics of the extent of the rust, and it looks like the accompanying arch is pulling away from the floor. Just need to know if this is repairable, cos to me it looks like the further I carry on trying to get it to a weldable state, the more of the car is going to disappear. :(

:(

:(

It's my brother's car, and hes got maybe £700 to throw at it for repairs if it's (as I suspect) well beyond my skills...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any advice? It's a real pisser cos most of the rest of the car is in pretty good nick.

2. Mighty_Mini

Mighty_Mini Go!Go!Auto

Personally i'd say thats repairable... brace it up and get rebuilding with sheet steel and a welder.. :thumbs:

3. angrydan

angrydan raaage

na man thats a good fixer upper right there, and if u can hammer and weld u should be able to do it!!

4. GmasterT

GmasterT Heavy Industries...

Dude i see floor!

Seriously, attack the crap out of it with a screwdriver untill all the rust has come off/gone through and see whats left/go from there :)

5. cookwibble

cookwibble Active Member

thats standard ke70 rust, of the 3 i have seen pulled apart all have been worse than that.

6. Dori Edd

Dori Edd BONGED

Aaaah good, not as fatal as I originally thought then :)

I'm guessing the welding needs to be done from inside the wheel arch, and anything inside the car is going to be aesthetic more than anything else?

Panic attack over :dw: :thumbs: Thanks everyone :p

7. Tony4

Tony4 Member

nah... that's consider scrap... sell the rust bucket to me. I've got £100 to spend.

8. john84ie

john84ie Member

haha,i know the feeling,when i fully stripped my dx i just got depressed!the more ya take of the more rust ya find!!fuck it lad,its fixable get crackin on it,there a dying breed!whats the plans for it??

9. superclarkey

superclarkey DORITECH MOTORSPORT

wow thats fine... you not seen NICKS supra then ?

Get that bitch sorted in a day mate :D

10. Mad Cas

Mad Cas wrecked

:nod: :nod: :nod:

Everything is repairable, just time and metal. Just keep yourselfs bonged and soldier on with it!