4AGE 16V power increase

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Diskovod, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Diskovod

Diskovod Member

Hey
    I have a 16V T-VIS big port head 4AGE. What would you advice to get as much as possible power with stock ECU? Unfortunately, as I remember, T-VIS has MAF sensor instead of MAP sensor which means it needs intake vacuum to work okay.
    First, we mind that all good 4AGEs start from port and polish, but what next?
    I'd rather go for ITBs, but I'm feared of changing the brains to aftermarket ECUs.. I'm not good at that kind of stuff. Is it possible to change MAF to MAP sensor with respective factory ECU of MAF version?
    What cams can anybody advice? Cams would also leave me to get harder valve springs, under-bucket shims, adjustable cam gears, so we all mind it.
    I can get HKS 288 8.35 lift int/exh cams, but I doubt they will work good with factory MAF-sensored ECU... Or should I have them?

Come on, tell me what you got on your mind! :smash:

#1 Diskovod, Mar 29, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  2. Diskovod

Diskovod Member

Finally, found some HKS PFC F-CON (Programmable Fuel Management system) with AE86 wires, that will fit me (I'm having a 84 Celica AA63), but will that system help me to fight the unstable idles of bigger cams or that PFC unit will be only good for editing fuel maps?

3. Diskovod

Diskovod Member

Finally decided to go for 20V ITBs on 16V. Somebody tell me about underbucket shime and 1SZ-FE shimless ones - which would be better? And will PFC-ed stock ECU work with 288 cams?

So bump!