£500 cheap MX5 daily skid car

Thread in 'Drift cars for sale' started by Pure Performance UK, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Pure Performance UK

Pure Performance UK Active Member

Right, so, this is my daily shitbox. I've got the 180SX now so need to get shot of it as currently I have 5 cars which is ridiculous. The car has served me well for the last 6 months or so.

When I bought the car, the engine was shot so it has had a long nose crank NA6CE engine fitted. Lovely engine, plenty of power and skids pretty well for a little car.

The car was not looked after by it's previous owner and I have sorted the mechanical side of things and just need to do the cosmetic.

When I bought the car the engine, suspension, brakes, ball joints, exhaust, electric windows, tires, track rod ends, CAS sensor, AFM and a few other engine bits were all knackered. These have all been replaced and it is just the cosmetics left to sort.

Cosmetically, it needs a new roof (£100) and the rust removing. Either fit the wide arches I will supply or have a new quarter welded in, quarters are £80.

The car has -

Welded diff,
    Brand new coilovers
    4 new tires.
    Replaced all broken suspension components.
    New pads all round.
    Exhaust manifold 4-1 and decat.
    MOMO steering wheel.

Underside of the car is very solid with no rust issues. No rust on the A pillars which is common on these and the windscreen seals are good.

The car currently has no MOT and tax runs out end of the month. The only thing stopping the car from passing MOT is the damage on the arch.

Price is £500, am open to offers. If the car hasn't sold by the middle of January, it's getting broken.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Thanks.

2. Pure Performance UK

Bump for cheap skids. This car is a perfect little runner. Sort the roof and cosmetic issues, chuck some rims on it and it'll be amazing.

3. MATT200SX

MATT200SX --------------------

you are listening to things people say then haha waaaay too many projects!next on the agenda, that nail above your office...scrapyard!

4. Pure Performance UK

Plan is to get rid of all my cars, get another JZX90 Mark II, strip my nail on the roof of my office of its cage and doors. Scrap the shell then see if I can get the cage to fit in my new JZX90 Mark II. Start again basically. Too many ideas with not enough time or money to warrant 5 cars. Lol.

5. bell

bell Without patience

think my sister may be interested im sure we will be in contact asap but in the meantime bump for ya bud

6. MATT200SX

MATT200SX --------------------

that sounds like a plan,well done :)

7. Pure Performance UK

8. m1tch

m1tch Member

Is that a lotus badge I see on the front? If so im pretty sure the suspension setup might be worth a bit!

9. Pure Performance UK

It's sort of like one but says eunos. Did lotus have some involvement in some of the cars or something?

10. m1tch

m1tch Member

I had a look into it, im not sure, it seems that only the early imported cars had the lotus style badge saying 'eunos' on it and they seem pretty sought after

11. Pure Performance UK

This is a 1989 Eunos import. I've not heard anything about "special" ones. If it is sought after....£500 has to be a total bargain then. :)

12. Damien

Damien ~London Folk~

LOL @ Pair of you!!! The MK1 MX5 (Eunos Roadster) was massively influenced by old british sports cars (hence so many are in British Racing Green). The badge you two are getting excited about is just aftermarket bonnet badge to give a more 'period' look.

If it is the badge and in good condition as opposed to the sticker that most people have I'll give you a tenner for it :thumbs:

Matt, stick some gaffa tape of that arch so there are no rough edges and get it mot'd. If it passes it'll sell instantly!

13. Pure Performance UK

Well ya never know do you. Good be a hidden treasure. I did somehow doubt it. Lol.

I'll chuck an mot and 6 months tax on it start of January. Car would have to be £600 then though.

14. chady

chady Member

is it 1.6 or 1.8

15. Pure Performance UK

This is the 1.6 16 valve na6ce engine. :)