S14 steering boss

Thread in 'Driftworks Products & Enquiries' started by _rob_, Jun 13, 2008.

1. _rob_

_rob_ Member

Hi, im after a quick release steering boss for a new wheel, im not too fussed about it cancelling teh light as i can do that with a resistor but id quite like it to cancel the indicators. Do you have any in stock and if so, how much and what would the postage be?
    thanks!
    Rob

2. gibbo s14

gibbo s14 the yarco

i would like to know how much these are an do you have to have another hub to run a quick release

3. Bon Bon

Bon Bon It'll be fine

You need the regular steering wheel boss and then put the quick release on top of that. There aren't any 'direct fit' quick release bosses, just quick release spacers to go on a boss.

The regular bosses won't do airbag or horn (you just need to wire it to a switch on the dash or something).

If you're bothered by the indicator cancelling they can be modified to work with the indicators. Basically the 2 pins on the rear of the boss are in the right position, but not long enough to catch the mechanism on the S14, you just need to drill through where the pins go as standard and use a couple of M6 bolts long enough to catch the mechanism.

4. gibbo s14

gibbo s14 the yarco

wots the smallest hub size u can get as with a 60mm hub is to big i cant drive becasue it sticks out to far out