Refurbishing Volk CV Pros

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Tony240Z, Feb 4, 2009.

1. Tony240Z

Tony240Z SHIFT_oldschool

My dad bought a set of Volk wheels, which appear to be CV Pros (they're going on a MINT SC400 / Soarer V8):

[​IMG]

Although they're clean (they were a bargain - ~200quid for 17s, 7.5 front and 8.5 rear) and don't have any kerb marks, I advised him to refurbish them. The only problem is that there are numerous stickers on them, and I don't know if there are any new stickers that we could put on them after sandblasting and powdercoating them. Also, they didn't come with the original center caps. Does anyone know where can we buy original Volk stickers and centercaps for them?

2. tarmac surfer

tarmac surfer mint =shade of green

3. Midlands_Si

If the dishes are corroded udner the lacquer, you'll need more than Peek. You'll need to remove the lacquer, polish them up, and then make a decision as to whether you want ultimate protection at the expense of shine (lacquer them) or ultimate shine at the expense of PITA cleaning (leave them bare)

4. suprmek1

suprmek1 Dori Mechanic

I just been doing my cv's can print of some extra stickers when i do them or you can get em from, envy performance :)
    Envy Performance Ltd Gallery

5. Tony240Z

Tony240Z SHIFT_oldschool

Thanks for the tips, I'll keep them in mind. :) Instead of a cosmetic refurbish I think we're going to disassemble them, sandblast every part, paint the centres silver, polish the outer edges and give them a lick or two of a colourless laquer.

6. Midlands_Si

Lacquer on p9olished rims is a bastard :(
    It tends to either yellow, or peel very quickly, as a properly polished surface won't give it anything to key to :(