Lotus Elise S1 - DW Orange ;)

Thread in 'Drift cars for sale' started by Adam, May 17, 2009.

1. Adam

Adam Active Member

Well many of the oldschool members know me on here and i've not really been around the scene over the last year and a bit, mainly because of this ..lol

This has been my daily driver for the last 9 months and i've loved every minute of it i've owned some high power Nissans and god knows how many other sports cars and this is the best i've driven, 120hp sounds nothing but when it's attached to an aluminimun chassis and fibreglass body its really the equivilent of a 240hp "normal" car, no carpets, no abs, no pas, no servo assisted brakes and no frills gives you one of the best driving experiences going, no idea what i want to replace this with but i'm sure i'll regret it.

The car drives and runs lovely always warmed up and cooled down properly temp run at 79/80 degress at all times and stat opens at 83.
    i was paranoid about headgasket failure when i was looking for an elise as i sell car parts for a living and know how troublesome the K series can be if not maintained properly, this elsie had had a replacement head along with the modified multilayer steel headgasket 30'000 ago and i've recently chemical leak tested and compression checked it and it's 100% fine use no water and as stated runs at perfect temps.

I'm not going to lie to you i'm a bit of a poser so this hasn't had it's neck rung every weekend round donnington park mainly just driven round town and weekend blasts in the peak district.

Time has come for a change so it's up for sale.

1988 Lotus Elise S1
    HPI clear a rare thing if you know Elises
    91000 miles
    5 Months Tax
    Will be sold with 12 months MOT
    Lotus Chrome Orange
    Lotus Sports Suspension Package
    Lotus Sports Brake upgrade (alloy bells)
    Stainless Decat
    Pioneer MP3 Payer
    AP Racing Clutch (Not a paddle)
    Green Cotton Induction Kit
    10k HID Conversion
    Elise Parts Rose jointed throttle linkage
    Braided Clutch Line
    New Parts fitted over last 6 months
    Radiator due to a weep on O/S end tank
    N/S Radiator hose as i noticed bleed screw wasn't sealing perfectly when i replaced the rad
    Ignition system overhauled new Cap, Arm, Leads, Coil Pack and Crank Sensor

History

Car was purchased by Mr J Darby on the 9/10/98 for £19106 +vat the follwing option wre then added
    Driving Lamps - £217 +vat
    Leather Seats - £498 +vat
    Metalic Chrome Orange Paint - £587 + Vat
    Radio Fitting Kit - £128 +Vat
    Alarm Syetem - £251 +vat
    Stereo - £298 +vat
    Chrome Window Winders - £46 +vat
    Crome Handbrake Cover - £32 +vat

Totaling £25042 inc VAT from Storm Lotus of Leicester

A folder full of documents and invoices with £1000's of service and maintenence history this car has had a replacement cylinder head 30'000 miles ago with the updated k series headgasket so no worries in that department.

Car is booked in for Cambelt inc all tensioners and pulleys plus a new waterpump at the same time (30th of may) so new owner will only have oil changes to worry about.

front.
    rear.
    side.
    wheel. Interior.

Ok so i know this isn't most of yours cup of tea but you might know someone in the market for one or even think it's a perfect DW staff car ;)

£6995 ono will part ex somthing intresting but i'm fussy :D

#1 Adam, May 17, 2009
    Last edited: May 17, 2009
  2. Jord

Jord drifted.com

Long time no see Adam! Can't believe you've managed to keep one car for a year! :D

3. Adam

Adam Active Member

lol don't panic i've owned a fair few at the same time as this ;)

To be honest i love it but i miss the "scene" a bit (can i say that)

Also i feel i need to be around more as Paz seems to have got ill and bought a S13, James and Matt are living the dream, Jays got even thinner, Bons now king of the world, you've turned american and Mitch has kept his S13 for what seems like ages now! See what happens when i'm gone. At least Nicks not changed and Ians still not finished his 86 ;)

Adam

#3 Adam, May 17, 2009
    Last edited: May 17, 2009
  4. sketch

sketch Member

looks awsome mate, you have PM....

5. MARKPRIOR

MARKPRIOR Skylineowners

very tempting where abouts are you?

6. Mitch

Mitch In moderation

Cheeky whippersnapper :D

Free bump for you Adam. All your cars seem to be well kept so I'm sure the buyer will be well pleased with it.

MARKPRIOR-I think Adam is based in Chesterfield or thereabouts.

7. Panayiotis

Panayiotis Member

I keep on clicking on this! Subconsciously I want it, but finally got my 200 were I want it!

You aren't interested in a stage 2 s14a with loads of goodies on it are you? Thought not :wack:

8. Adam

Adam Active Member

Not unless it's special dude, but thanks for the comments.

I've had a couple of offers on swaps but i dont value S14a anywhere near 7k unless it's built very very well.

And thanks Mitch yes im in Chesterfield J29 of the M1 and i'd take your FTO as px to get me by :thumbs:

#8 Adam, May 18, 2009
    Last edited: May 18, 2009
  9. Starch

Starch Member

Bump for a great car. I know I will not be selling mine anytime soon (explians why my BMW is shuch a shed).
    I think it is also worth pointing out that the Insurance on these isnt that bad, at 22 with 2 SP30's and 5 NCD years I payed about 1500 quid, and for something that will see 60 mph in 5.5 seconds I think that is pretty good.
    Fuel is cheap too I recon I can get about 40mpg from it.
    Then there is the awesome fun there is to be had late at night/in the freezing cold with the roof off. Thats before you start on the fun driving in the snow on virtually slick tyres.
    I think this is about as close to a bike as it is possible to get, without less than 4 wheels and being completly exposed and still have something you can use everyday.

10. Adam

Adam Active Member

1500 lol i'm 29 with 4 year ncb and pay £500 fc, forgot to mention fuel everytime i borrow another car i'm reminded how good Elises are on fuel, small engine and no weight equals like you say 40mpg round town :thumbs:

Also how cheap everthing is for them, corsa stalks, pug switch gear, citreon wiper motors, corsa locks, mgf/218/418 engine parts and ball joints etc 15 quid lol

11. Captain Muppet

Captain Muppet Pro-tard

I can't imagine ever selling mine - awesome cars.

Mine is stored outside all year and doesn't leak, demists quicker than my MX5 and is damn near perfect. Except mine is a shit colour - orange is waaaay nicer.

12. steve_mr2turbo

this is a nice car, your 29 now adam, you should settle down and buy something sensible, like a 5 series bmw. :)

13. Adam

Adam Active Member

14. jdmJay

jdmJay Member

I love elises, gonna be selling my s2 soon which is completely gutting me:( Free bump for a nice car mate:thumbs: Good price too, would make a great audi conversion base :-)

#14 jdmJay, May 20, 2009
    Last edited: May 20, 2009
  15. Adam

Adam Active Member

Sold :thumbs:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm what next :dw: