'88 (AW11) Toyota MR2 MK1B - £1100

Thread in 'Drift cars for sale' started by Garrett_T25, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Garrett_T25

Garrett_T25 Member

[​IMG]

I'll update this with all relevant information when I find my old FS ad for this car, so please bear with me for a list of things that have been done.

[​IMG]

1988 Toyota MR2 MK1B (AW11 with 4AGE)
    ~102k miles
    Will come with 12mths MOT (as of Friday)and can tax at buyers expense (currently taxed until end of March 14)
    Lighter sunroof model (sunroof is removeable for open-air driving)

[​IMG]

Essentially, I'm selling this car because I have three others and no space for this any more having purchased a new house. I've had it for four years, having rescued it from a barn with the intention of running it about until it stopped working. That day never came and ultimately I fell back in love with driving one of these fantastic cars (had one as my first car!). Every now and again I've toyed with the idea of selling it because I don't have the spare time to do her justice, but I've always taken it back down again within a week. Unfortunately, this time I've got no choice and have to sell either this or my RX7!

Lots of things have been replaced to keep her going strong; I'll update when I can remember what most of them are but off the top of my head this includes all handbrake cables, at least 3 of the brake calipers, cambelt, exhaust back-box (with a custom aftermarket system).

[​IMG]

As you can see, blue cloth trim (in very good condition!) with a 330mm dished steering wheel which provides the perfect driving position in this car (can be replaced with the Nardi wheel that was in originally if I can dig it out).

Mechanically, this car is invincible. Never skipped a beat and has bailed me out of all kinds of situations when my other cars have let me down. Having been found in a barn, the engine bay could do with a tidy/clean and with the cam-cover sprayed it would come up a treat. Has never suffered from the fifth-gear problem that these cars seem to be renound for. I cannot stress enough just how fantastic this car is to drive, starts first time every time and runs without fault, even returning 40mpg on a good run. No burning or smoke. The only downside is the exhaust blowing from the manifold/backbox join, an easy fix.

[​IMG]

Cosmetically, this car needs some TLC, hence the price. Surface rust has started to attack 3 of the 4 arches (see pics below) and the rear valance is suffering too. The front bumper has been blown over with rattle cans and while it isn't a bad job by any means, it's not an OEM finish and when taken into consideration with the rust, the car would benefit from some touch-ups or a respray. I was quoted £400 to make the car "look gleaming again" by a bodyshop for a rough idea, but with a rotary to rebuild and the house move I simply don't have the spare cash to do it in time. The rear valance is the worst part of the car to be honest. With a T-cut and polish, generally the rusted areas aren't that visible although I've deliberately not done that in the pics to show the car at its worst.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Don't let it put you off though, this car is absolutely brilliant and serves fantastically as a cheap retro, trouble-free daily.

[​IMG]

As I say, I'll update this when I dig out more info from old FS ads (such as dates tyres have been replaced etc), but for now enjoy some arty pics of her taken in the last few months!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking! Please don't hesitate to let me know any other pics or info you might want. Car is located in Wakefield, West Yorkshire.

Unfortunately, I cannot accept PXs as I do not have the space...if I did, this would be staying as my trusty steed for many more years!

2. Garrett_T25

Garrett_T25 Member

**UPDATE**

Didn't MOT the car today, had a poke around underneath and turns out the N/S sill needs replacing due to corrosion; something I'd overlooked before. O/S has been done already and is strong. With that in mind, despite being an easy job for someone who can weld I'll drop this to £600 as it's now too much of a project for me to invest in with everything I've got on at the moment and having no space to work on it.

3. Garrett_T25

Garrett_T25 Member

Bump - Now on Pistonheads as well.