'92 UK spec NA Manual Road legal drift car for sale with some nice extras.

Thread in 'Drift cars for sale' started by edk83, Jan 25, 2012.

1. edk83

edk83 Member

'92 UK spec NA Manual Road legal drift car for sale with some nice extras.

I have owned this car twice in the last 5 years! It has served as my daily driver as well as doing a few drift days at pod and a few track days. It’s hard as nails and has been very reliable, handles awesome and drifts really easy. Its very stripped and must be one of the lightest Supras around. Having to sell due to new baby and needing a car with back seats (just bought a bmw 328).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Mot until June the 4[SUP]th[/SUP] 2012
    Taxed until May 2012

BODY
    There are a few small dents in the wings, bonnet etc Paint has some lacquer failings but there isn’t much rust or rot. The rear arches aren’t too bad although they all suffer there. A little surface rust on the bottom windscreen trim (could be easily changed) Removed rear wiper, aerial, all extra wiring to rear of the car. The bonnet is on 4 posts and lifts of, makes for super fast removal on drift days and easy access.
    Removed the silly heavy front and rear metal bumpers, custom ali front bumper mounts. Also removed all the fogs and front plastics they don’t do anything.

ENGINE
    102k miles (last 30k miles done by me)
    Runs very well and pulls like a train. No turbo to worry about. Valve seats a little worn but never been a problem.
    Just fitted new plugs, rotor arm and HT leads.
    Also changed the rocker gaskets so no more leaks
    Induction kit / filter
    Large oil cooler
    New rad fitted a couple of months ago. – Had some issues with air locks after that but seems ok now.
    Full stainless banzi style exhaust – No Cat (car is pre ’94 so no need)
    Recent Battery
    Aircon removed
    Criuse control removed

DRIVETRAIN
    Uprated clutch – grips well, release bearing squeaks a little but it’s been like this for a while and no probs.
    Currently has stock lsd fitted and it’s pretty pants
    I’m also including a welded diff from a mk3 turbo supra – not been installed but should be ready to fit. I did used to run with a welded 1g-gte diff which lowered the final drive and worked really well, it just broke after a few months of hammer!

WHEELS/TYRES
    Genuine BBS 16’s with very good tyres, lots of tred left. I also have a load of drift tyres to go with the car.

BRAKES
    ABS totally removed and all new brake lines and lots of braided stainless – no rubber flexi anywhere
    New grooved front disks
    Big hydraulic hand brake – locks the rears pretty good (would be better with the welded diff on)

SUSPENSION
    Tein street HA coilovers – makes it handle nice and tight, No boatyness. Fully adjustable but the rings are quire corroded (one has a little damage) so I left the height where it was.
    Front and rear strut braces
    Added lock via spacers on the steering rack
    Big front towing eye

INTERIOR
    FIA OMP Bucket seats – They are pretty worn now and have quite a few marks and rips
    Custom seat subframes made by me
    Big Jap style bubble acrylic shifter – New bushes make it nice and direct.
    Omp steering wheel
    Sabelt 3 point harnesses (passenger)
    Luke 3 point harness with 3” shoulders (driver)
    Omp Helmet hammock
    Half roll cage hand crafted from a Z cage design by Slick_Pete
    Fire extinguisher
    Totally stripped interior other than the dash and glove box
    Sheet ali door cards
    All sound proofing removed
    Push button start and switched ignition (the button is from a WWII spitfire aircraft!)

Security
    Um not much other than the engine immobiliser I do have a key for the car but it’s not needed.

ICE
    Sony mp3 headunit – works well
    JVC front door speakers

Please bear in mind it’s a noisy ready to go drift car not a show car! I was almost ready to matt black the whole car, you may want to repaint the roll cage etc as well as it’s quite faded now.

I still need to transfer my number plate to the bmw but that’s no problem. The Supra with get it’s ‘J’ plate back before it goes.

I’d like to get £1000 for it but as close as would do. The mk3 supras are increasing in value now and although visually tatty this has some nice additions and is ready to skid.

I’m in Belper, Derbyshire

Cheers for looking

PM, Email or call edk83@hotmail.com / 07813777245

#1 edk83, Jan 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  2. edk83

edk83 Member

Pic update! These i took today.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]