155 MPH bike crash

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by Genjuro, Oct 10, 2005.

1. Genjuro

Genjuro keyboard drifter

2. TaxiDori

TaxiDori BEER CLINCH

that's pretty sickening. what a nobber for doing 155 at an intersection.

3. daveyboy

daveyboy S13 For Sale

Not necessarily, who's right of way was it? Without knowing all the facts, its difficult to pass judgement, for all we know, it could have been the Golf drivers fault, although if it was me coming up to a junction on a bike, I'd have been tempted to back off the power in case an iddiot pulled out giving me more time to react. Sadly though, it looks like this is a case of a government of the world using a tragedy like this to preach their "speed kills" propaganda to the public! :rolleyes:

4. Matty2Fatty

Matty2Fatty Member

Ouch!!

Look at the drivers seat, the bike has gone through it :eek: no wonder they all died, remind me never to go that fast on a bike :nod:

5. Nick The Doctor

That kind of hurt, bloody hell , any way thats a NC30 VFR 400 they only do 130flat out so must of been topping that or was going down some steep hill.

Poor peeps

6. 2DRIFT

2DRIFT Member

Sorry to be a bit boring, but I think that its a very rare Honda rc30 which is 750cc and could very easily do that speed. Plus it has a 998 rear wheel converstion. Basicly if your not a a track don't go that fast!

7. Dori Edd

Dori Edd BONGED

They mustve spent ages cleaning the inside of that car out before putting it on display.

3 people + 155mph flying piece of metal = big mess.

8. lewisj

lewisj Bored

bet he couldnt do that if he tried though
    through the door and in the car
    kinda talented
    sorry if sounds harsh I dont have and sympafy for people who race on the road
    you take the risk you be prepaired to pay with ya life
    i bet it was the bikes fault prob there was a corner before the intersection car looks no bike and dosnt expect anythin comin around the corner at 155mph pulls out and bam both dead

9. TurboGrinch

TurboGrinch Active Member

like on the nurburgring. The police is showing some crashed bikes there.

Thats why i have stopped doing my motorbike-license :p

Martin

10. PhilMorrison

PhilMorrison Driftworks Owner
    Staff Member

Clocked this for future nomination of 'Driftworks most stupid post ever made' award :rolleyes:

11. Nick Sheen

Nick Sheen Box Assassin

i still think its bullshit that it was a 155mph crash. i think a 155mph crash would make a bit more damage.

12. Mitch

Mitch In moderation

I think you're right there, Nick. That's someone buying a bike and being too tight to hire a van or trailer and just squeezed it onto the passenger's seat :nod:

13. daveyboy

daveyboy S13 For Sale

Thank you Nick and Mitch, the only other people besides me not to jump on the bandwaggon. :thumbs:

Seriously, how many of you people were there? Who even knows the road in question, its prioritites and its speed limit? None of you I'll bet, and like Nick says, I'll bet it was nowhere near 155mph!

PS. Phil I think you're a little harsh quoting my post as "Most stupid post ever" unless you know more facts about this crash than I do. So do you? If so, please share and I may change my opinion and retract my statement. ;)

14. TaxiDori

TaxiDori BEER CLINCH

right yeah...I'm sure the crash investigation unit (or whatever it's called) made up a figure on the spot and went for lunch. Perhaps the bike wasn't going 155mph exactly but there's no way it was going less than 100mph to make the bike penetrate teh door and the car instead of sending the bike straight over it. Plus the rider didn't even brake as it was so quick. I think a little common sence suggests he was going way too fast even to approach an intersection with a green light. Most bikers have a death wish anyway, they piss me right off.

Phil, agreed.

15. Nick Sheen

Nick Sheen Box Assassin

i dont think even at 155mph a bike would just burrow into the side of a car and sit there nice and cosey at 155mph itd probably obliterate the car and bike, a modern sportsbike going at 155mph is going to be ramming a fair old amount of energy into the passenger door of a lil hatchback.

looks more like a setup altogether to me.

16. daveyboy

daveyboy S13 For Sale

So you're an accident investigator and from a single photograph you're able to confirm the bike was travelling at over 100mph!!!

Wow, you're really amazing! :rolleyes:

Don't believe everything you see/read in the papers, on the news and on news websites. Oh, and whilst you're at it, go and look up the word "propaganda" in the dictionary. Once you've understood this, then perhaps you'll be able to understand that this photograph could be just government propaganda.

Sorry my answer has resulted in sarcasm, but if people are like this towards me, they're going to get an answer on the same level of maturity as this is what they obviously understand.

To set the record straight, I'm not condoning anyone's actions, the biker, or the car driver, I just think without having all the facts, people aren't equipped with enough knowledge to preach "speed is bad" or "bikes are bad" and if this makes me a dumb arse, then god knows what it makes some people! :rolleyes:

Finally, you say "common sense". Well how about using some of that common sense to try and see where I'm coming from, you can't presume anything in accident cases. ;)

I think though the most likely cause of that accident is likely to be recklessness on the part of the motorcyclist, but I don't claim this to be anything other than an assumption.

17. MrNick

MrNick I love Ibiza!

OMG.........just goes to show,you don't pass in this world by passing into the next

18. Genjuro

Genjuro keyboard drifter

Hmm, and i just posted it because i thought it was an interesting photo. :wack:

19. TaxiDori

TaxiDori BEER CLINCH

Well done...nice mature approach there. Good job I have a mental age of 5 too.

If it's propaganda (just went and looked it up ;) :D) why would they be doing it? maybe to reduce fatal accidents like the, in your opinion 'faked one'? Which means fatal accidents like that would happen quite a bit so therefore maybe it was real? Just a thought...

End of the day, from what i gather, you are not an expert in the field of understanding accidents either so your word/point is no stronger and holds absolutely nothing over mine.

You think the most likely cause of the accident is the recklessness of the rider? Is that a fake rider or a real one?

20. daveyboy

daveyboy S13 For Sale

The reason for propaganda varies. In this case, they're quite obviously focusing on the speed element and the natural reaction and instinct from members of the public is to think "speed is bad", just look at your first post in this thread if you don't believe me, I believe it was something like "What a nobber for doing that speed at an intersection". Just let me remind you that it was an "estimated" speed. That just throws all credibility out the window if you ask me. Evidence and facts is what I'm interested in, not some figure plucked out of the air by someone seeking political gain.

Another thing, I'm not claiming to be an expert either, its just I was pointing out shortfalls and why no-one should be preaching when they don't know all the facts. I think the fact you're obviously quite anti-bike blurred your opinion a bit too. ;)

My issue with the whole road safety thing is that people seem to focus on the single issue of speed. Occassionally you might hear drink or drugs mentioned, but there is more to road safety than speed, drink and drugs and it angers me the speed kills propaganda which is CAUSING more deaths and injuries due to the public not educated in real road safety issues. The motivation behind the propaganda is fair, they want to save lives, as do I, but they're going the wrong way about it.

Oh, and I'm not doubting thats a real picture of a real accident, but I think the facts surrounding it are utter bollocks.