A31 the Noobie

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by seyid omer delice, Nov 6, 2018.

1. seyid omer delice

seyid omer delice New Member

THIS IS NOT A DRIFT BUILD

quick look:
    [​IMG]

Hello guys. This is my /Kind of a build/ thread. I have had an a31 Cefiro, which actually is an Altima Laurel but not really either of them. What I mean is that it has the Cefiro chassis code and does not look like Laurel or Altima. Though it comes with a CA20S engine in it which is more than crappy for anything.
    So when I got this car my plan was to throw a 1uzfe in it. I had the money and everything but life has its ups and downs. I had to spend all my money on something else then. I had only a few bucks left which was barely enough to afford a ca18det.

Let me give you an important information about my knowledge about cars. Its NON. I am just a newbie that took up this hobby. Having struggles affording parts and these cars are considered RARE in my country. So there are few garages that can work on them. The problem is they are NOT known to be decent ones. Neither their work or them themselves. So I have to do it all... somehow...
    The car has some weird bodykit on it. I want to get the OEM front bumper and do something about the rear bumper. You will see in the pictures below. Please do not mind the exhaust. I had to put something there to drive it all the way back to my town WITHOUT getting a ticket lol.

So this is what has been done to the car so far:
    • CA18DET and its gearbox swapped in ( the engine has poor condition )
    • Front brakes and brake calipers converted to s13.
    • Seat leather conversion for more fresh look
    • Floor isolation
    • Rays G-games Sidewinder 17" wheels
    From when I did the isolation
    [​IMG]

I have bought maintanance parts for the engine like gaskets, water pump, timing belt etc. but I do not have the tools or knowledge to do the maintanance myself yet. So I am just waiting until I find someone to help me out with it.

So what I want to do is to buy an aftermarket ECU now. There is a guy who programmes ECUs for the cars for quite cheap as the others are not affordable for me. I will have to wire it myself but the engine wiring is quite crappy.. so I want to start with the wiring now. I started to remove dashboard as there is a big mass... Some cables dangling under the dash.. that's what I hate to see.
    Since I dont know alot about engine wiring and things like that, I will ask you guys for help most of the time as well as researching here and there. I want you to know I'm not a kid that uses forums as search engines. If I ask you something believe me I really had to do it. So please answer considering this :).
    As I started to remove dash, I am tagging each wire and socket first. I only have few hours in a week becase I work in 2 different places as well as some other part-time job. So it will take a bit of time to complete. It looks like this now:

[​IMG]

The steering wheel will be stock so I thought best to clean it up a little..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I will also spray-paint it to save it for a long time. But it will happen later :)

By the way I also changed the tail-lights that were broken and the signals as they were quite yellow.. Also removed the front bumper for FMIC.
    Got the Toyosport 5.5 liters FMIC for this car. I want 220ish HP so that should do it.

[​IMG]

As you see I dont have a garage or any other place to work on the car. This is a big minus for me. No tools, no garage and no knowledge at all. I dont know how it will end. Hopefully I will be done with the dashboard removal this weekend so that I can start repairing the wiring.

Thanks for any input, comments, inspiration...

2. seyid omer delice

Alright guys. As the weekend is approaching, I started doing resarches.
    I tried to come up with few drawings to understand how these work and try to shape my ideas on how to re-wire.
    As I want a FMIC I have to relocate the battery to the trunk. So there are some ameteur drawings.

I will run the cable from trunk under the armrest and add there a secret killswitch, then from behind the dash to firewall and finally under the hood.
    [​IMG]

So it actually will look like this

[​IMG]

And now the most important thing. I have to understand what needs a relay. I mean I think those need high ampere need relays but I need exactly the part names so I can shape an amateur design before I do research.
    Because I must find places for the fusebox and relays and ECU first.
    What I have drawn is here:
    [​IMG]

3. seyid omer delice

So I am done for today. I removed the dash and labeled every wire
    url=https://hizliresim.com/YQ2g5j][​IMG][/url

I was shocked how ruined the wiring was. I will show the ECU now and it will freaking haunt you in your dreams.

[​IMG]

Yeah. As you see; that one socket was just lying around the ECU, and the ECU was just hanging down the door panel... I want to remove all AC system but I dont have time to do it todat already.
    After removing the AC, I have to take care of the rust there. Also, removing that rusty bar will make things very easy.
    Can anyone suggest me a cheap ECU that is easy to wire? I dont want to keep the stock ECU anymore. Also. What do you suggest I do with that wiring..? Throw it away and get a new wiring along with a new standalone ECU or keep it and fix it, rewire according to the ECU?
    Thanks for any input.