AE86 Parts Wanted

Thread in 'Parts for sale' started by mattwelby, Dec 26, 2004.

1. mattwelby

mattwelby Wanabe Drifter

OEM Sideskirts

OEM Front Bumper Splitter

PS Side Light/Indicator

PS Window Wiper

Another Set Of Wheels Anything Considered (that will fit and ae86 obviously)

Two-Way LSD

Any other parts u many have laying around for this car please let me know as i may have forgot to mention it

Matt

#1 mattwelby, Dec 26, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2004
  2. CorollaRWD

CorollaRWD -RUTHLESS-

Only thing I have left is a Trust turbo kit :smokin:
    If you are interested in that, bolt on job to give 200ps on standard motor or 360ps on 4agze block
    Alex

3. mattwelby

mattwelby Wanabe Drifter

sorry dude if i do anythin in the engine deparment it'll be for a different engine

not gonna waste money modding the 4age

4. 20vWill

20vWill Active Member

:confused:

Errr putting any other engine in an AE86 is a waste of the shell never mind money.

Bar maybe the following:

- 4AGZE if you want a budget arse kicking car (still a 4AG though)
    - BEAMS 3SGE if you want one of the best NA Toyota lumps available
    - Rotary if you're a nutter and loaded.

But what do I know.... think I'll take my 20v out and put in a boat anchor Piazza turbo lump.

5. mattwelby

mattwelby Wanabe Drifter

wow wow calm down there boy

why is there such hate for the idea of puttin another engine in an ae86?

theres loads of choices out there im gonna try and stay NA

matt

6. Robokill-AE86

Robokill-AE86 New Member

If peepz have stuff laying around of hachi's its mostly because they own one.

besides be a bit more specific

rims what kind size etc
    lower spoiler (first or second type etc)

2way lsd

that either

TRD CUSCO OR KAAZ

make up your mind please :-)

7. 20vWill

20vWill Active Member

You'd need a scouser smilie icon for full effect there, but it's OK, I've brought myself under control now and have managed to calm down (brown paper bag technique). No hate, just Toyota inter-bred lurrrve.

OK most people want more power, and stuff like Griffin XE's can make good (but :dermal: ) sense, but it's just soooo wrong when the 4AG family are such feckin great engines.

Are you even a good enough driver to exploit a 124hp AE86 to it's full potential? If not, then more power at this stage is a waste of time and money and won't help you as a driver in the long run. I know I need a lot more driving time and skill before I will crave more power in my Corolla. I also know if I had a 200+bhp AE86 I would kick some Nissan arse but would be no better a driver as a result.

Out of interest then, what ya planning? It's always interesting to see what's going on but is total sacrielage if you go for something big and hefty...

8. Mad Cas

Mad Cas wrecked

I was All for 3SGTE or SR20DET in my 86's vacant bay, but now I have the S13 and I drove another nearly stock corolla and for me its not what they are about.

So a stock 4age is going back in mine I might tinker with it later tho; You can extract 180hp from this engine still retaining its original inlet plenum and exhaust manifold (as per Grp.A regs), albiet internally ported and polished to the same high standard as the head.

With well set up suspension/chassis and a good diff this is more than enough to drift a circuit like 3 Sisters, which is the kind of technical circuit these cars thrive on. For big smoky high gear silverstone type shit we have skylines and the ubiquitous nissan S-Body...

(See article "Corollary" by Art Markus in one of the '87 issues of CCC, when the Corolla was beasting the RS1600i's and all else in the group A with Chris Hodgetts of Chris Hodgetts MotorSports Behind the wheel)

If you want to stay NA then I sugest you find a mullered altezza with 3SGE and manual box (6-speed? :D ). As this is already configured for RWD the install is no major headache and you have plenty of torque and revs and an engine that is tunable with many parts available for it.