ALL Red Bull Media and Updates Here

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by PhilMorrison, Nov 10, 2008.

1. 4NDY SX

4NDY SX Team.............

well done bon

2. Jord

Jord drifted.com

Yeah by the way Bon, stop being such a girl. You did real good man. I don't need to hear that "no-one loves me" crap from you, we all want your ginger balding babies honey x x

3. Kit

Kit Do Want

Sucks man, but if you look at the backing and experience of Rhys and some of the other drivers... you've still got plenty of time to refine your skills.

And quite frankly you didn't have anywhere near the same sort of track time as the other drivers, so don't be so hard on yourself mate :thumbs:

4. Brian Harte

Brian Harte Member

Hey BonBon and Phil. Nice seein ya felllas.
    Sorry Sunday! I left after the top 8. No desire to see Rhys Millen, Tanner, or Sam H. drive again. I'd rather watch a horse take a steaming shit. I was going to go back to downtown Long Beach to look for you guys that evening, but never made it.

5. topi

topi KlutchKickKidz

Hahaha oooya

6. chunk

chunk Raging Alcoholic

I LOVE JUUUUUUUUU BON!!!

Well done fella, you made it to the World championships man. Then you had a couple of practice runs due to thick people who cant write correctly. Your car will be home with no damage, that in itself is an achievement fella.

Rhys Millen certanly is one smug get in them vids haha!!

7. G-Man

G-Man i do skids

about sums it up...without mentioning mad ammounts af schmokes!!!
    :dw:
    :worthy::worthy:

8. alex_200sx

alex_200sx Active Member

I wouldn't wouldn't have called your last S13 pretty to look at :smash:, function over fashion 100%
    Good show though Bon, you did awesome considering you must have had your head well and truly fucked with with customs

9. T.K

T.K kudo fruiting

lolz :thumbs:

10. Brian Harte

Brian Harte Member

I don't want to drag this into the mud, but as far as ziptied cars go... for the pro am final results, 5 out of the top 8 spots are ziptied guys... SOMETHING must be working for them I suppose.

Anyways, I was looking forward to seeing the Chaser fly around the track, but I don't think I got to see even ONE full run. :(

11. S.M.

S.M. Member

So much shite on this thread, keyboard warriors who were not there ......

The top guys deserved to be at the top, the Europeans did well, some adapted very well (Vasbolm especially) to the US/FD Rules and the lines they wanted - lots different to Europes racing line drifting. Hard for Tim and Bon to adjust to that wide-scraping rear-of-car-on-wall line the judges wanted with so little practise.

Vasbolm was SO unlucky to qualify 3rd and draw Mad Mike (who had broken a water pump and scored 0 in Qually) He should have gone much further in the comp, 3rd place should be an "easy" run to the top 16 ....

Bon did well, but its hard to pull out so much when you have been stressing all week about the car not being there ..... and the line they want you to run damages your car with a slight mistake. May have been last of the point scorers in qually, but the car was in 1 piece and good for the event. Last run for the Chaset too, when Bon joins the Full Works Drivers for 2008 in the R32, with more traction that car has I'm sure he'll up his game again for 2009!

Tim did good, also getting used to Cooper rubber from the Marangoni the car has been on all year, as well as the course and rules. 19th was a superb qualifying.
    Running against Asabo he was beaten fairly, after the mistake in the first run he couldnt make up the points in the second run despite running the wall near perfectly.

I did see a few odd things from the jusges, but mainly just making it go to one more time to please the crowd, nothing "fixed" at all.

Thanks to Polo for coming out to help the team :thumbs:

Thanks to the EDC for Amy, Stunning, intelligent and into her cars as a bonus - very nice girl, great to chat to and of course a very very beautiful.

Thanks to Cooper for the 3 unbrella girls they supplied to Tim and Team apex too - also stunning. Oh, and for the tyres too ;)

Loads of pics and vids to come :)

Great time we had out there, and we feel that Tim showed the potencial in the limited running. I could put up a few ifs and buts, but it doesnt change anything, no bitterness here.

We have an invite to Brands/EA comp where the Japs should also attend, and back to "proper" race line drifting that should be a superb competition.

Well done to Euo (spelling) he looked superb and was highest non-FD driver, stunning for Malaysia and a pleasure to watch.

All the event was great, superb drifitng and superb cars. Very high standard of preperation from most of the feild.

I might not agree that the rules make for the best drifting, with the wide-line no overtaking, but hey, we knew the rules before we went out and its up to the drivers to adapt. Those that just drove as they would just didnt score the points. Remember that when you watch the vids.

Hopefully we'll be back next year :) and have an equally good event at Brands in the Summer - Thanks EA for that :)

12. Polo

Polo Sr20 parts man!

Well said Kev:thumbs:

Also like to thank Glen/Andy/EDC for Amy:D

And thanks to Bren, Kev and team for an awesome weekend and letting me kip on the hotel floor:wack:

Wernt too bad, think including the flights, food etc etc i spent around £500, well worth it!!

13. Jore

Jore Member

Event was cool as f*ck! Some minor problems with arrangements (mostly from medias point of view) but otherwise almost flawless. Venue was awesome, VIP areas and so were well organised and free booze was good as always :)

About driving we got to see how much european guys lack power and grip (=speed) against american and japanese drivers. Lets hope we'll get some ideas to conquer that in future. I would say that we europeans were more underdogs becouse of our equipment than our skills.

Judging was fair and only things I'm not too sure to agree with the judges were few quite "easy" one more times we saw, but I guess that was the show judges wanted to give to audience and in the end the right guy got trough. There were only the right guys in the top8 and Rhys was clearly the best through out all weekend.

Paul had really good lines and angle, but was so slow that he wouldn't have had any change against any top16 driver. Ofcourse it was a pity that he came up against Mad Mike, but either way he would have ended in top16.

Fredrik did massively spectacular job in his Supra and got that much of attention that I would be suprised if we do not see him driving outside Europe in couple of years. He was really nervous before competition, but when racing you couldn't tell that he was intimidated by driving near by the concrete at all.

Unlucky for EDC drivers all the hazzle at customs, but sometimes it goes like that in motorsports :/ Would love to have seen some more driving from Bon Bon, but.. Maybe coming to UK next year :)

Phil could maybe be a bit better sports agains ziptied guys since you flag out to be drifting media. We all have started from some point and I just can't see any good for the drifting itself if we just bash each other in the almighty Internet.

14. docwra

docwra Active Member

Nice posts guys. :thumbs:

15. cookwibble

cookwibble Active Member

i too wonder why people think this. the top US guys get more money thrown at them than the jap guys, some of the cars are works cars in all but name, they are all true professional (ie. they do it for a living) and from what i can tell from the us sites they drift on tracks nearly every day. even the jap guys dont get as much support and money.

16. Brian Harte

Brian Harte Member

I think the sponsor budgets are going DOWN DOWN DOWN, though.
    Rhys Millen is without a tire sponsor already for next season. (which I chuckle at)
    We'll see what happens to US drifting in the next seasons...

17. SRRay

SRRay mr fussy!

after speaking to bon earlier a lot of positives can be taken from the whole experience,he got to go to america and drift with the best the world has to offer,a huge thing in itself let alone competing and with the added pressure of late car release and lack of practice/confidence the fact that he could go out and give it his all is something else!so once again well done bon!well done to all european entries!

18. Jord

Jord drifted.com

Just been watching the videos. That Solstice is TINY! Looks like awesome fun to drive!

19. topi

topi KlutchKickKidz

What a great mix of sounds :D