Anybody know much on BMX

Thread in 'Other Chat' started by Sk3rry, Sep 17, 2011.

1. Sk3rry

Sk3rry Member

Well long story short i fancy gettin into bmx tryin something diffrent. Remember people mentioning bmx before on here so thought id ask for advice on bikes ive a budget of about £300 only looking something to start off on and more than likley destroy :D ideally needs a gyro but im not fussy tbh so all help appreciated :thumbs:

Had a nose at this
    Blank Verse 2011 BMX | Evans Cycles

And this
    Blank Media 2012 BMX Bike | Evans Cycles

Any recommendations guys?

2. GripGambler

GripGambler Deal With It!

I have no idea about that make cause I've had the same frame for the last couple of years but you can't really go wrong with complete bikes these days. Most are well specced with off the shelf parts so go for it mate.

3. CMR

CMR Member

Best off getting yourself down to a bike shop and trying out some frames see what suits you as everyone is different.

4. Sk3rry

Sk3rry Member

Cheers fellas :thumbs:

Tried that local place has nothing thats mid way durable and there all dead heavy not being a fan oy just prefer a slightly lighter bike. Anyway had two bikes from local place this is how they now look

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They didnt last a shite :euge:

Had my eye on this then the store closed :cry:
    [​IMG]

5. CMR

CMR Member

Good effort on those bikes :wack:

6. Sk3rry

Sk3rry Member

Yeah the white one was my wee brothers that i "borrowed" :D the chrome one was mine and it was abused daily :wack: Bought a huffy frame of a mate for a tenner built this as was kinda bored and used spare bits from bikes :dw:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

tried to destroy it in so many ways :D must dig it out later :dw:

7. DanGlennon

DanGlennon Member

Wouldn't go for a Blank bike, my mate had one and it was poo. I've always had mongoose and they've never let me down, good strong bikes and in this case the more expensive defaintley built better.
    Then get yourself some pimp ass wheels like these :thumbs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. huwbertoo

huwbertoo Member

9. DanGlennon

DanGlennon Member

10. gibbo s14

gibbo s14 the yarco

get ur self bout 350 to 400 for a new complete. or get on ebay and buy one that some ones built up i sold myn on here for 400 look for bmx for sale cost me well over 1500 for it all. You wont to really get a kink/ fit bike.co/united/subrosa/we the people/federal/ alot stronger than all the shit out there and ive riden or have mate that ride part from all of these ,ive riden for the past 9 year and have had loads of bike, frame and allsorts off part over my year ,and buy better part that will last the abuse and thing that you will give is better than buying cheap shit and have to still buy better parts in the end ,

kyle

#10 gibbo s14, Sep 17, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2011
  11. Sk3rry

Sk3rry Member

Preferably i would prefer something shiney new i could spend 600+ easy but cant justify spending that on a bike ill wreck learning diffrent story if i know what im doin as i destroy it :wack: What about these? Iv decided i want the gyro :D

BIKES

BIKES

12. MrJakes

MrJakes Member

#12 MrJakes, Sep 18, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2011
  13. gibbo s14

gibbo s14 the yarco

these a good kink and fit one on there for the same sort of money

14. neil a walker

neil a walker Active Member

15. DanGlennon

DanGlennon Member

Seeing that bike makes me want to start riding again

16. MSC

MSC Active Member

get a mint second hand wethepeople off ebay seen a few on there being sold by men trying to relive there youth lol

17. aaronlediwdge

aaronlediwdge Member

Yeah another vote for a descent seconhand bike, scout ebay or pinkbike. My brother got a really nice easton for about 350 second hand. You wll get a ridiculouslly well specced bike for that sort of money and there are plenty that have barley been ridden about.

18. DanGlennon

DanGlennon Member

Yeah really true, only ever bought one bike brand new, that was my first mongoose, the blue one above was off my mate for £70. Second hand is always cheaper and usually better :)

19. royellison

royellison Member

i had a fitbikeco team, profile stuff,odyssey hubs and rims. was nice, used it for ramp stuff but held up really well killing it on street.

you can buy them dirt cheap now, but a full specced bike can be picked up for around 300ish on ebay, but you will end up swapping bits to suit your riding anyways i would of thought.

forget the giro and get a odyssey slick linear cable, 3 barspins and the cable doesnt tighten like a usual standard cable.

hope this helps