Anybody know of anywhere trustworthy and cheap to roll/flare arches?

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by Bon Bon, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Bon Bon

Bon Bon It'll be fine

Dudes,

With my now decked suspension and 528i's standard arches, I can't drift it for fear of tearing the front arches apart and shredding the rear tyres on the lip. Therefore, I urgently need to find somewhere CHEAPER THAN CHEAP to roll/flare my front arches and roll the rears.

Otherwise, I'll rip my arches apart on my nice new 528 and cry, and we don't want that now do we... :wack:

Anybody know of anywhere decent and cheap?? Don't mind if it's not a "perfect" job, but I'd like to know that the place I take it to are capable of doing the job better than I am with a hammer. :p

2. Paz

Paz -NIGHTSPIRIT FAMILY- UK Drift Since 2001

Dont pay no one son. :thumbs: Just do the bare minimum of work for the time being, just to stop the rub for now, and flare them later. If you wanna do it ghetto style just get a jack handle (maybe wrap it in something soft? i dunno) and simply lever upwards from the tyre to move the arch... If you heat the paint prior it will damage it less but basically, no where will do it cheap because in this country its all about the hammer and therefore will always need filling and painting...

Paz

3. SteveC200

SteveC200 Used to drift, now I don't.

DIY with a scaffold bar. Youve seen my rear arches Ben? I did them with a bar. Just roll it up the tyre with the bar at an angle so that it forces the lip up. Its a piece of piss mate.

4. james

james Administrator
    Staff Member

find yourself a lump hammer with a long handle and go round slowly, levering off the tyre. This will work fine for the fronts. If the rears are double or triple skinned, the hammer may be the only way, but it seems to do the job well, just do it in lots of passes increasing the angle each time :smash:

5. Bon Bon

Bon Bon It'll be fine

Yeah Steve I'm gonna try the scaffold bar, but irrespective of your success I'm a little sceptical.

Trouble is Paz, for the front I can't really do bare minimum, once it's lowered it will twat into the arch on opposite lock and try to rip the wing off, ripping the tyre and the wing in the process.

6. ant

ant R32 GTR-S

ill do it for ya, got a nice bit of scaff bar at home :)