Apprentice s13 daily drifter

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Bricey, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Bricey

Bricey Member

Got 205/55/16s all round now and it's pretty aids, raised the car about an inch so it looks wank and the wheels are out of balance even though I've balanced them twice (the balancer at work is crap) also the car just feels weird dunno if it's the fatter tyres it just doesn't drive as nice, gonna get some skinny 205 budgets get the tracking done properly and then get some toyos or something

2. Bricey

Bricey Member

3. Bricey

Bricey Member

4. Leno

Leno Member

Yeah tyres look a bit on the large side.. how wide are the wheels?

5. Bricey

Bricey Member

Yeah put 205/45/16 on the front now, the wheels are 8j

6. Bricey

Bricey Member

Yeah put some 205/45/16 on the front, the rims are 8j!

7. Leno

Leno Member

You could easily get some 195's on there.. cheap as chips and would mean you can go loads lower

8. Retro - Slide

Retro - Slide Member

Was looking good at JF2 man. :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. essexcapri25

essexcapri25 Member

whens it first drift day then bud, would be good to see this out

10. Bricey

Bricey Member

Not sure tbh will do one in this before the end of the year, need to post abit of an update, so expect some more in a couple days :)

11. Bricey

Bricey Member

Fairly decent update for you guys, took Friday off todo car stuff with mates and made some decent progress, although it look wayy longer than we thought. I've had a big rad for a while that I haven't fitted yet, so I started stripping all the old aircon shit out, the guy I got the car off had already removed the aircon pump but none of the piping, condenser etc. So I got the old rad and all of that out fair bit o weight saved especially as it wasn't doing anything [​IMG] I also removed all of the piping going into the bulk head. [​IMG] left the engine bay looking bare, would've been a good time to do the aux belts and cambelts but I didn't hve any and it'll be coming back apart again soon anyways.

Then I decided to crack on with fitting my welded diff, I tried before but the prop bolts had seized so I gave up. Anyways I attacked the prop bolts with heat and wd and flank drive spanners and eventually got them undone with out snapping them etc.

My buddy Matt then came over to help and get his s13 running better and give it more lows. Then basically we docked about for ages trying to get the diff out ended up having to remove the rear arb and the back section of the exhaust as we couldn't get a driveshaft to seperate. Anyways eventually got It out and back in took fooking ages tbh we had a mare. Anyways after taking all the rad out I couldn't fit the original intercooler piping over the new rad so we put a recon standard one back in (thanks Matt for that) lol.

So yeah still got some bits todo need to get an FMIC fit the rad, s14 callipers and an s14 bmc. Also looking under the car I've got some serious welding todo so I'll be taking it off the road in month or so (want todo a proper skid day first) and getting an mx5 for the winter, so if you know of one for sale let me know.

Anyways here are some life styling pics Matt took of our cars [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

12. Retro - Slide

Retro - Slide Member

This picture is a big win. Keep it up dude.

13. Bricey

Bricey Member

Here are some more pictures Matt took, really wanna do a drift day before I take this of the road. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. essexcapri25

essexcapri25 Member

why are you taking off the roadd

15. Bricey

Bricey Member

Rust mainly, but it'll allow me to do some bigger things that I don't have the time todo when I've gotta drive it everyday. Will be back on again in January.

16. essexcapri25

essexcapri25 Member

whats the handbrake like on these

17. Bricey

Bricey Member

Very goood

18. Darenm

Darenm Member

Dam man looks super cool reminds me a little of my old s13
    [​IMG]

19. Bricey

Bricey Member

Cheers :) Yeah I followed your build for it, looked awesome dude. Jealous of you wing haha!

20. Darenm

Darenm Member

Wing is for sale atm from the guy i sold it to can orginise getting it to you if you like just shoot me a pm would work out cheap enough with the stg euro rate atm