Apprentice s13 daily drifter

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Bricey, Feb 19, 2015.

1. mad.matt

mad.matt Well-Known Member

Small wheels cannot contain the win! :D

2. Bricey

Bricey Member

Got the wheels and tyres fitted up, super happy with them! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Beer to raise my osf coilovers though as its sitting lower than the passenger side and rubbing quite a lot [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. tion

tion Member

That looks soo good

4. crazy-chris

crazy-chris Member

That's looking great. Just read start to finish its giving me motivation for mine keep up the good work.

5. HaydenK

HaydenK Member

Fucking love this, small wheels & factory aero is ultimate

6. Bricey

Bricey Member

Cheers dudes here are a few more pics, some with
    Instagay filters.
    Elongated my top coilover holes for some more font camber as I had hardly at before. Now got about -6 degrees in the front which is good as it solved my running issues. Also adjusted my driverside coilover the same as the passenger thinking it would raise it a touch as the passenger side seemed higher but tbh I think it's just lowered it. May put a locking collar back in when I can find it! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

7. sparky_s13

sparky_s13 Active Member

Looks rad on the 15's good job!

8. HaydenK

HaydenK Member

How is subframe/arb clearance at this height? Have you done anything to protect the sump at all?

9. Bricey

Bricey Member

Pretty aids, arb scrapes on most things cambered roads etc, had it up on the ramp yesterday to put my flexi decat on, here's what it looks like. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

10. HaydenK

HaydenK Member

Yeah mines the same... trying not to wince at the constant scraping is the hardest thing haha. Car looks killer though man!

11. Gooly

Gooly Member

Mines the same, i have scrape marks down my sump as well... If i didnt have a front ARB it would have been destroyed by now. New mounts and engine raisers will be next mod

12. Bricey

Bricey Member

I have hard race engine and gearbox mounts might be why I've had no sump scrapes yet

13. mouseS13

mouseS13 Member

Looks ace bud where u get the banded steels an the sharknose extension???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

14. Bricey

Bricey Member

Well haven't updated this for ages, have some pictures [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Then I decided to sort out the rust it had one the sills. The previous owner had repaired them but had just left them as clean metal so was rotten again. [​IMG][​IMG] [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Did both sills and a small bit on the side of the chassis rails.

I then decided to redo my wiring loom. As I did a really half arsed job of this before and because, I didn't need the relay box as i don't have pop ups. This meant loads of wiring could be removed. Was a massive ball ache todo and I won't be doing it again but happy with how it came out. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    The one fuse box I have now sits behind the driverside turret, I'm useless at taking pictures when working so no pics of it.

Anyway threw it all back together and I've been dailying it for the past week. Been working on it every night sorting out little things trying to make it more useable as a daily. Put a locking collar back on the front which has raised it about 7mm which has made it so much nicer to drive as I'm no longer dragging my arb everywhere. Also fitted a new lip as the road ate my last one. [​IMG] also stone chipped the fuck out of sills, and rails even though I've scraped it back of the rails lol. Also my wheel bearing shat itself massively and my track rod end also did a die.

That was giving me really bad shake on my wheel. It's a lot better now but I still get it every now and again depending on the road surface which is odd and pretty annoying.

I then decided to change up my exhaust as my old one was pretty gash, and also too loud to be driven far so I added a silencer in and some cunty long shotgun pipes. [​IMG] welded a silencer in which as quieted it down and is now bare able on the motorway. Also added some extended front studs so my wheels are held on by more that 4 threads. This is how it sits now [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] really happy with how it is atm, my alternator decide to die on Friday night but luckily I had just left home son managed to limp it back and swap it one of my old engine. Sorry for the mega update. More to come soon!

#174 Bricey, Jan 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2017
  15. G535

G535 Member

Sick car! just followd you on insta.

Will it be one color again soon`?

16. Bricey

Bricey Member

Hopefully soon sorting someone to paint it atm