B6ZE Turbo RX7 FC built on my driveway!

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Stylecase-Adam, Oct 24, 2014.

1. Leno

Leno Member

Crash sucks, glad you're rebuilding as apposed to reshelling though!

2. J_W97

J_W97 Member

'fully into manji & chill' please turn that into a sticker of some sort

3. Stylecase-Adam

Yeah man! Don't think I'll ever reshell this car. Too many feels.

Haha, most likely will do! :thumbs::thumbs:

Little update, did more on the tube frame during these past two days! Aiming to get it done by weekend so I can lay some paint on it :smokin:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Short video I uploaded as well :p

#83 Stylecase-Adam, Oct 8, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2015
  4. BLK_ANVL_GRG

BLK_ANVL_GRG Member

Wicked build man. I have to say youre quite the painter. Wish there was such talent I knew of around where I live haha. Keep it up!

5. cascade88

cascade88 Member

Shame about the shunt but sure you'll have it sorted even better than it was.
    Read this from the start other week and it's a sweet project.
    Got a 350z myself hoping to start sliding next year, I'm also around Manchester.
    Keep the updates and pics coming man

6. Stylecase-Adam

Thanks man! Appreciate that :thumbs::worthy:
    Yea man it will definitely be stronger than what it was before now! Quite a lot of the front end was rusty to start with. And thanks! I will do :smash::smash:

- - - - - - - - -

Some progress ! After finally getting gas today (not being able to over the whole weekend) I managed to get the tube fully welded. Made up the inner arches/tubs as well as few other little things. A friend also brought me a pair of aerocatches which I'll be fitting over the next couple of days.

Not long till Matsuri now!, plan is to do a lot more important stuff tomorrow. One of them being extending the tie rods and making the strut brace. Then when all welding's done, I should be able to get teh engine bay sprayed wednesday ready for assembly after!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Stylecase-Adam

Bit more progress on this! We are now down to 7 days till Matsuri!

I'v painted the bay, then started putting it back together, fixing and making things look a bit nicer while I'm at it. The two major things that are still left to do are extending the tie rods and battery relocation. Rest of the stuff is pretty simple, just takes up some time. I'll let the pictures do the talking anyway! I got a few packages today, HKS Replica pod filter haha :cool: Nismo bonnet vent, which Iv sprayed today as well and will mount it tomorrow! Also finally received my custom spacers! But they turned out wrong :/ So I'm gonna have to contact the guys soon. :cry:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Even though the spacers are wrong, I couldn't stop the urge to fit them! I can't use them with my other set of wheels due to the center bore. But I might just use these meshy ones for now

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Joss

Joss Member

Have my babies

9. mrtom22

mrtom22 New Member

Youre the fucking man

10. Stylecase-Adam

hahaha, anytime bbi ;)

Thanks man! :D

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

[​IMG]

Big update! Did a loooooooot of stuff before Drift Matsuri, finished all the minor bits. Sprayed the meshy wheels gold, color coded a bunch of stuff. Was a major rush trying to get it ready, especially that the friday night after work me and my friend headed down to Chris (MX5) to try and get it sorted for the weekend. Stayed there for hours trying to get it running with no luck. Came back to manchester about 4:30. Started packing the car with tools and tyres, then shortly after headed down to get some fuel. Ran upstairs threw a bunch of clothes in the bag and by that time friends started flowing in, getting ready to convoy to Anglesey. 5:30 we left Manchester, half way through met a few other guys with some cool ass wips such as AE86, turboed 350Z, and big JDM VIP ting! :smokin: Got to the track at about 9:30, finally had a chance to chill out! On the Saturday I was spectating and taking some pictures! On the Sunday I got to drive the track myself, which I'v got to say was really cool! Lining up with some of the coolest/high spec drift cars in the UK which I couldn't keep up with off the line for shiiit haha :no: Although the car isn't very powerful, it did feel better than ever after the major changes and alignment! I'll let the pictures do the talking, paragraph's long enough surely ha :thumbs:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

All in all, car did great! Track was amazing, weekend was sick. Was good to see all the old faces!
    Think this event was the highlight of my year, really enjoyed it! Till next time! :dw::wave:

11. Stylecase-Adam

Quick update on what's been happening, not done much on the fc lately but been busy with other things. Got two days booked in December, 3 Sisters on the 13th and Teeside on new years eve! Should be cool!

Fixed tuffin's front bumper and painted his kit! Looks mega :thumbs:

[​IMG]

Few more rocker covers done recently too, this one was for Mat's turbo MK1 MX5. Bit of a tropical flavour ;)

[​IMG]

Got the right spacers back from driftworks, everything fits perfect nice!

[​IMG]

Blanked off the sunroof on the daily Clio, daily showers started to get boring. :no:

[​IMG]

And another rocker, this one was a bit different to most , and it came out great!

[​IMG]

Extended these little so called "sea horses" on my rear calipers, haven't got many after pictures but hopefully this will make my stock handbrake a bit better. If that does the job I'll ditch my hydro for a cleaner looking interior. :cool:

[​IMG]

Sprayed the centres candy apple red on the daily while I had some candy red in the gun :D

[​IMG]

New thing I was also working on, always wanted to make these and I finally have! Some of these little manz winglets, clear perspex for extra OG ice/original points.

[​IMG]

Now for the highlight of the update, copped some Advan SA3R's ?!?!?!?! A mate of mine has been selling these recently, as per usual I was broke so didn't hope for much. But as a joke I asked him, maybe you fancy a quick respray for the wheels? Few moments later this ended up being the deal. :euge::euge::wack::wack:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Copped a ting on black friday deals! STICKAH FOR 70 PENCE OH MY DAYZ

[​IMG]

And some new R32 Life stickas too!

[​IMG]

Bai​

12. Okoye

Okoye Member

shit looks the tits man with those advan wheels.

13. SnapBackKid

SnapBackKid New Member

Dude Looks awesome!!! Kind of makes me wanna finish my FC. Ive seen some of the stuff you've painted and it looks amazing. I was just wondering what type of spray GUN you use? Im just starting out painting and doing bodywork mostly for myself and I help friends out. What type of spray gun would you recommend? Thanks, John.

#93 SnapBackKid, Dec 7, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  14. Martt

Martt Member

Shit nigga. I hate tri spokes but they look sooooooo good.

15. CEmm

CEmm Member

Bro!

Love the thread, what colour did you use on the S14s and your 15s? Love it!

Cheers

16. Stylecase-Adam

Thanks fam!
    Hey man, that's cool! You should defo finish it! And if I was you I'd get a HVLP gun, with something like a 1.3 tip. Will be good for most paints including primer. If you have a nice budget, I'd recommend at least getting a separate gun for the primer and base/lacquer! :thumbs:
    haha, thanks mate (Y)
    Thanks :D And its some sort of a Fiat color. I forgot whats the actual name, but its a bronze/gold shade of one of those big fiat family cars :nod:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Let's start of the update with some chill pictures! ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now let's head down to Three Sisters for a drift day! I insured the car for a week, drove it to work few days before the event. Discovered my clutch is slipping really bad. Fuck it, hope for the rain and do the day anyway. (Y) Turned out okay, although track is really tricky when it's wet. There's about 6 different tarmac surfaces that just change grip instantly and you just can't get consistent throughout the day, at least I couldn't. :( Also, 15's on the back to make it easier for the already dead clutch!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And some videos too, btw I got one of those SJ4000 (fake go pro) things ! Great camera, does 1080P at 30fps and 720 at 60. Was super cheap, came with lots of mounts. Luuuuuuv it. :cool:

Anyway, after three sisters I was looking for a clutch replacement. I had no look finding a standard clutch kit at all, eurocarparts does an exedy OEM clutch for just over £200+ But it would have to get ordered, and come from Japan. A matter of few weeks, which I didn't have at the time. It was the 14th, I had to be ready for Teeside on the 31st, new years eve. I could have also got a Exedy Stage 1 organic clutch from America, once again just over £300 incl postage. Problem was it wouldn't arrive till after new years, so the only real last option I had was to get this ebay clutch disc replacement only. £70 posted from London, the flywheel and pressure plate were quite burnt and pitted. But it'll have to do, I gave them a sand with a DA and cleaned them up. Put it together, and it worked better than ever before. ;)
    The clutch now bites nice and early, and doesn't slip. As it turns out, my clutch was always shit. And only just recently started slipping like mad...

[​IMG]

Cleaned up the box and changed the oil in the process!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

While the car was in the air, I decided to get rid of the drag wing and the cut bumper. I think the standard spoiler flows a lot nicer with the new wheels. And overall OEM looks a lot better, I might just be getting older :wack:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Went and did some hard parking too, parking game level up. :euge:

[​IMG]
    .......... >>>

17. Stylecase-Adam

And one last thing before I get to teeside pictures, my OEM center console finally fell apart fully after being held up with tape. So I fabricated this quick piece of perspex, then sprayed it in some candy and glitter. Will do for now until I find a fresh piece!:smash:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally, teeside! All in all was a great day, really slippy in the morning but then slowly dried up. And wet again for the last hour or two. Clutch felt good, track was fun, used a bit too much fuel than I'd like... but that's a standard.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And to conclude, squad picture with my sister's MX5. She used to own the civic that I may have posted at some point during the thread, she swapped it for this nice MK2. It's already starting to take shape with the new bumpers, wings, and coilovers. :thumbs: She'll be starting out with a Santa pod day at some point in March :thumbs:

[​IMG]

I'm currently taking a financial break till about march as well, will be back at Buxton once it starts again in march. Hopefully with some new adjustable arms, freshened up bushes, new hubs and maybe even a roll cage! Thanks for reading ! :wave:

18. J_W97

J_W97 Member

Awesome post, whats the quick release you use on the nardi?

19. Stylecase-Adam

That is a D1 spec snap off I got of epracing (Y)

20. tiredhero

tiredhero Member

love the look, best looking shape of the rx7 in my opinion..

deffo would want the turbo bonnet though if i ever get one