Balltec/tomei cycloid diff + skyline shafts.

Thread in 'Parts for sale' started by FireStorm999, Feb 23, 2014.

1. FireStorm999

FireStorm999 Active Member

I have here an extremely rare ball bearing diff. Pretty certain its a balltec r200.

Its v pimp and the only other one im aware of is in a car that was built specifically for the ring.

It works by ball bearings going round the inner tracks of the diff and doing some fancie shit and instantly providing torque where its required.

This is not a plated diff and doesnt have all that associated knocking and clonking.

I recently had it refurbished by walton at nispro as the 2 plates that go on the very ends of the diff were worn and it wasnt locking very well. Its now tight as fuck and is awesome.

Because its fresh when parking it was doing a small bit of clonking. But it never did this when i had it in there for the last 4 years so assume after a few runs it will be back to normal once the 2x plates bed in.

It also has skyline inner and outer shafts fitted from a 19km r33 so shafts are mintt fresh.

Its in an s13 3.9 ratio non abs casing with non abs prop and the skyline inner shafts were machined down to fit.

Its ready to bolt into a 13 with or without abs using the prop i have or using a 14 backplate swapped over.

For all this i want 600quid.

More info below

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1280239

Its perfect street/track diff specially with the skyline shafts. This diff lets me plant my foot flat to the floor and go round a bend fast as apposed to always sideways. Obviously if u want to drift you can, either just mash the pedal or use the ebrake and it still drifts lovely but its real talent is other areas.

I dont have the ability to upload pics but have loads on my mobile so if you wish to tx re the diff please do so on 07827 899 680

#1 FireStorm999, Feb 23, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  2. FireStorm999

3. FireStorm999