Barn find rx7 FC - What to do with it?

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by waz56, Mar 12, 2017.

?

Sell as is or break for parts?

1. Sell as is

100.0%
  2. Break for parts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. waz56

waz56 New Member

Hi all,

I recently purchased a naturally aspirated 1988 rx7 FC. It has been off the road for the last 15 years, but been stored in a garage. However, the underside, particularly around the sills, is nearly completely rusted through. The engine was rebuilt around 2 years before it was put in storage but has not been run since. Interior is pretty dirty and mouldy but intact, engine looks much better but still has white spots of corrosion on most parts (could be cleaned). The mileage is 110k. With all this being said, from the outside, the car looks reasonably good.

Although I have the ability to get the car back on the road, I do not wish to invest the time to do so. Therefore, I have two options, sell the car as is to someone that has the time and money or break it for parts (I am happy to do this). Obviously financial benefit is the

I would like some advice on what you would do if in my situation and why? Also, what you estimate the value range of each decision. I am sure this community knows the demand of rx7 FC parts so it would be good to hear if I broke the car where the best place is to find the people that require them.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Warren

Attached Files:

2. r3k1355

r3k1355 Well-Known Member

The body is fucked and the engine needs a rebuild, what more is there to say?

Break it for parts.

3. spizwaltdefens

agree with the above... how much for the wiper switch? is it s4 or s5? :)

4. Rotor

Rotor New Member

I would be interested in buying the whole thing, if its not too far from london

5. mestew87

mestew87 Member

As said it's not really worth that much as is,

If the body was solid it would be a different story

6. tiredhero

tiredhero Member

If you decide to sell the hole thing let me know where abouts you are?.. and how much your after please...