BDC licensing day - Lydden Hill - Saturday November 3rd

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by BDC, Sep 14, 2012.

1. BDC

BDC BDC FTW!

Ladies and gents

The search is on for drivers who are ready to take part in the UK’s premier drift championship, the British Drift Championship.

We can now announce details of the first licensing days in preparation for the 2013 season.

This event will take place on Saturday the 3rd November at the Lydden Hill Race Circuit, Canterbury, Kent CT4 6ET

The event has been scheduled far enough in the future to give those plenty of time to prepare for the event and well before the start of the 2013 season.

This event will be run in a similar format to a BDC event. Practice during the morning sessions in groups, a short lunch break. Licensing will take place from 1245. Once licensing has finished the track will be open for open practice.

This event is open to ANY driver whether you wish to attempt to gain a licence or not.

There is no charge for being assessed for a licence. You will only be charged for a licence if you wish to obtain one at the cost of £25. A BDC licence will give a driver the opportunity to compete in the 2013 championship. We ask you bring this in cash on the day along with a passport style photograph.

The BDC licence is also recognised by other event organisers and tracks as proof drivers are of an ability and able to take part in events/demos and competitions.

Drivers will also be eligible for offers and discounts from various sponsors of the championship.

Drivers may attend to gain either a Semi Pro or Pro licence and will be assessed on their performance on the day. Please be aware that a licence is not guaranteed.

The cost for the day per car and driver is £99.

If there are two drivers per car we will ensure you are placed in different groups during practice and licensing.

Cars do not have to be built to full BDC regulations but must be in a good/safe road worthy condition. If a car has a fluid leak then they will not be allowed to take part.

Standard seat belts can be used but a 4 point harness is preferred, helmets are mandatory.

Passengers are not allowed in any car that does not have a full roll cage or a minimum of a four point harness.

Full details will be sent via email to all drivers 1 week prior to the event.

Places for the event will be limits to 64 drivers, a reserve list will be made of any additional drivers that wish to take part. Should any of the original 64 drivers drop out for whatever reason the drivers on the reserve will be offered a place.

Places cannot be transferred or sold to other drivers without permission from the BDC due to drivers waiting on a reserve list.

The BDC will keep a full list of drivers and reserve places.

Payments can be made by credit card by calling Lydden Hill race circuit directly on 01304 830 557

When paying you will need to give your full name and email address.

Alternatively you can pay by cheque payable to Lydden Hill Race Circuit and sent to

Lydden Hill Race Circuit, Wooton, Canterbury, Kent CT4 6ET

If paying by cheque you MUST include your full name and email address on the reverse of the cheque in able to us to send you full details.

Payments will be taken from Monday 17th September at 0900 and not before!

Please be aware that if you are unable to attend for what ever reason you must inform us two weeks before the event and we will refund your entry fee. Refunds will not be issued within two weeks of the event.

If you have any questions please email bdc@live.co.uk

Many thanks

The BDC team.

#1 BDC, Sep 14, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  2. 4NDY SX

4NDY SX Team.............

i am all over this!!!!!!! just need a car lol!

3. dan.gti

dan.gti Member

Can't wait!!!!!

4. aston_87

aston_87 Member

Sweet.

So far away... but i'll give it a go!

5. Haynesey

Haynesey Active Member

Convoy it down with us mate, we'll get another van to come and carry all our stuff n that aswell!

6. martyn_sx

martyn_sx Active Member

i will be booking on the 17th for sure, just done lydden last month such a good track :)

7. littleT_23

littleT_23 Member

I ll give it a go.

8. leeturbo387

leeturbo387 Member

Like the sound of this alot .I better get practicing .

9. tomti

tomti Member

On it like a fat kid on cake!

10. dale_b

dale_b #DriftFactory

My thoughts EXACTLY...lol

11. scottyj

scottyj Active Member

That phones gonna be busy Monday!

12. tomti

tomti Member

Silly question but will debit card payments be allowed? I haven't got a credit card

13. leeturbo387

leeturbo387 Member

yes m8 thats wat i youse to book at lydden

14. tomti

tomti Member

Cool beans

15. xborninthefightx

xborninthefightx JZX BOSS

On this FO SHOWW

16. aston_87

aston_87 Member

Trying to get the car through the MOT.

Went for a little practice lsat night anyway though...no headlights makes it tricky.

17. Mashead

Mashead Member

Well, phoned in at 09:00; details taken and I'm to be called back. Hope I don't get missed

18. aston_87

aston_87 Member

Ditto

19. Mashead

Mashead Member

Just been called back, all card and address details given but no email address asked for, assume they must take that for the registration details mentioned above at another time then?

20. The Chief

The Chief Member

Boooooked.

Surprised they didint ask for an email address though, surely they're not gonna post me a confirmation!?