Bmw e36 328 m62 supercharger conversion!

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by scottycsx, Nov 4, 2012.

1. kam

kam I've touched Chris Parry

Wicked, will be good to see it.
    So much less pissing about than a turbo!

2. simonlpearce

simonlpearce Member

It was supposed to get in this week, but apparently people keep adding jobs to their current work which means they have too many cars sat around waiting for parts...

Its by no means the tidiest install, but if it works then i don't care too much, lol. Its more to see if it can be done, then if it does work i will consider having things made better.

3. simonlpearce

simonlpearce Member

Car is now in the hands of Dynotorque to work their magic. Roll on a few weeks time when hopefully it will all be sorted without any hidden issues.

Watch this space.

4. simonlpearce

simonlpearce Member

Emerald has now turned up so its down to Blair and Craig to work their magic on it now.

[​IMG]

5. dan_gsxr

dan_gsxr Member

alright mate, good to see this cracking on!

just out of interest roughly how much did the emerald set you back? im running standard a standard ecu and thought about going stand alone

6. simonlpearce

simonlpearce Member

In total it will be around £1500 with mapping. The ECU on its own was about £650, then a couple of hundred for wiring and around £500 for live mapping.

Speak to Dynotorque and they will sort you out. Blair is the guy that does all the wiring there.

7. simonlpearce

simonlpearce Member

Text from Blair @ Dynotorque

Fan Wiring = Complete botch/f**kup
    Temp probe = installed into rad (in cold air), when should be in top hose (hottest point)
    Bypass pipes don't fit + are kinked = No air flow through bypass
    Air Intake Sensor removed = Potential big hole in manifold to leak all the lovely SC pressure from.

That's just to start, lol, but its definitely in the right hands so i expect it should come back as it should be.

Just a quick point to note - none of this is my work....although my standards are probably very similar, lol. Either way its good to see that things are moving along.

8. simonlpearce

simonlpearce Member

Some Updates courtesy of Blair at Dynotorque.

Fan controller not looking so pretty.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As the K6 will be controlling the fan the wiring wasn't needed so it could be removed. Here's how it was wired in...
    [​IMG]

The underside of the wires at the controller have either been getting warm or have rubbed through onto the body but thankfully not through paint (if its not clear in the pics the sheathing has rubbed/melted leaving bare wires).
    [​IMG]

Temp probe which should be in the top hose stuffed into the rad fins and in direct airflow not ideal for accurate cooling...
    [​IMG]

Blair decided I wanted the K6 inside the car so dropped the glovebox out to find a botched BMW dealer fit alarm which had been bypassed at some point.
    [​IMG]

Found some more on the drivers side an old Blaupunkt amp (Which Blair left for me to remove if he wishes) in the centre console.
    [​IMG]

And looking a little tidier/safer.
    [​IMG]

Also noticed some wires the wrong side of the throttle pedal & going around not through the bulkhead grommet. These are from the relocated washer fluid bottle!
    [​IMG]

The injectors are also fitted although they may have to come back out as the way they locate wasn't the same as the OEM ones, so there is a possibility they will leak. No way of knowing until its primed though.

Hopefully it will get fired up over the weekend/early next week, then will only need a few tweaks here and there to get it going reliably so it can be sent off for mapping.

9. Crettin

Crettin New Member

Hi! I'm thinking of put an Eaton supercharger in my E36 328. I can't seem to see your posts in this thread, or send a PM.
    If you still have pics from installation I would really appreciate if I could have a look since it would really help.
    You can send me a PM or Contact me by mail at andreas@tranasit.se
    Thank you!