BN Sports JZX110

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by -Marc-, Jul 15, 2014.

1. -Marc-

-Marc- -JZX-

Proper job from PSM mate, I bought it over a year ago haha.

Thanks man.

If you have a JZX then this is a pretty good option. In reality though you could have some one decent make a standard system high up at the front and just use this under the frame. Or cut the frame like Phil did on his. Most people wouldn't need a system up this high.

I wanted to try this stuff out though and the exhaust will never be an issue again.

2. xTommy92

xTommy92 Member

Awesome mate, I have a R32 so could probably tuck it up if it ever caused issues but admire the work. At least you don't have to worry about dragging it along hahaa

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

3. -Marc-

-Marc- -JZX-

[​IMG]

Had the whole turbo set-up of yesterday to sort the return line, there's not enough enough room to do it in place unfortunately.

[​IMG]

The Kinugawa return line is alot smaller than the oem return and I also had to run a 90deg elbow off the turbo to clear the engine mounts. These 2 combined are almost certainly the cause of the problem, why I didn't foresee the issue I don't know - excitement perhaps. Anyway, the reason I couldn't re-use the oem feed/return set-up was my actuator blocked the feed path. I have now cut a section out of the solid line and joined it with hose. Not ideal perhaps, but for now at least it's all I can come up with

Still a bit smokey but it's got in the exhaust now to be expected until it burns off.

4. -Marc-

-Marc- -JZX-

Overdue update.

Actually drove the car with homies before more serious things were fitted:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Sard 265lph pump and jet pump killer installed

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Battery was moved to the boot to make room for the FPR so the fuel set-up could begin.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next up was to sort the turbo's return pipe once and for all. The answer came from Driftmotion in the U.S with their billet flange and braided line kit:

[​IMG]

Unfortunately the braided return was a little short but I cut the ferrules off the fitting and re-used the fittings with some rubber hose I had.

[​IMG]

It's all very tight but it's done and done right and I now have peace of mind.

Got the Exedy Hyper twin Compe-D in too.

Flywheel in with ARP hardware

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lined up and in!

[​IMG]

Box was filled with Redline MT90 for good measure.

At this stage the HKS F-con was in and the sensors all fitted. Unfortunately it didn't enjoy the base map which put a halt on bedding the clutch in.

Greg at Protuner said he'd run the clutch in for me after tweeking the map before final mapping, given it's a 7hr round trip for me that was a lifesaver. So, onto the trailer she went.

[​IMG]

Few days later and the car finally was finally ready to map. Having Greg call and tell me it made a responsive 430hp/450ftlb @ 1.5bar was pretty decent after all the drama, money and time it's taken. The following call an hour later telling me the turbo had failed pretty much just concreted my hatred for cars again....

I did ask Greg to torch it but instead he's kindly going to remove the knackered unit and send it back to AET for inspection. Hopefully they will sort it under warranty!

5. olliethrwollie

6. -Marc-

-Marc- -JZX-

Seen and cleared dude!

7. steveboiboi

steveboiboi Southern style!

faaaack sake man... such a shame... but our cars look dope as fuck together..... another trip is needed soon<3

beasting

8. -Marc-

-Marc- -JZX-

Car is alive, home and fully operational!

[​IMG]

The turbo wasn't fixed under warranty, AET say that something had hit the impeller wheel from the engine. I don't share this opinion unfortunately and will have to take it up with them again. The broken parts were returned with the turbo, to me it looks like the shaft has failed, snapped and then caused the rest of the damage....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When they rebuilt it again the compressor wheel was different to the one used the first time around, Greg needed to tweek the map for this.

Second time on the dyno and the car put out 446hp and 455ftlb @ 1.5bar, pretty happy with that!

[​IMG]

Took a friend up to collect it on Thursday along with some 'local fuel', being in rural Wales means I'm stuck using shitty Texaco 97 and Greg wanted to road test it on that. Being I'm a nice guy I let my friend take it out with Greg to test, half hour passes and they return happy but the cars missing a side skirt haha. Neither of them noticed it come off and they'd been down the M69 for like 20 miles doing pulls at the top of 4th.....

We jumped in the van to retrace the route in a vain attempt to find it, bearing in mind it's pitch black, the fucking things painted black and it's come off on a busy motorway. Just about to give up the hunt and some how I spot it in the hard shoulder and intact! Needs some TLC but it's there. How it didn't get run over by a lorry or something I'll never know. Think I need to get some Russian BN spares, with the YEN how it is atm I certainly not buying genuine.

[​IMG]

So ye, cars good, super responsive and it all works. Drove 150 miles home flawlessly (the most it's been used for like 2 years). The alignment is all messed up though so I'll get my Swift springs put on the coilovers and get it re-aligned asap.

Driftland booked for STL in July too, need to get something sorted soon too.

Game on!

9. olliethrwollie

Nice to see it up and running :)

10. Drifttrader

Drifttrader Member

So fucking sexy! Absolute beast

11. -Marc-

-Marc- -JZX-

Having been out a few times in the car since having it back it was time to crack on with the suspension. The car drives pretty decent, but the suspension setup is lame. I have no idea what rates the HKS springs that were on it were but they're not right.

Time to get the Swift springs on finally, probably not the perfect rates *18/14kg) but an improvement either way.

[​IMG]

Out with the old

[​IMG]

back in with the new

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Feels loads better and after softening the rear coilovers up the grip's improved too. Result.

Quickly threw the new Courages on I had for a test, fucking love these wheels. These are the same size as the Minervas (19x10.5 +18), just need to match the fronts so I have a set of both, just because.

[​IMG]

#191 -Marc-, Feb 18, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Mrodoc

Mrodoc Member

Just read this - Holy shit some work has gone into it, your wheel choices though :hearteyes: can you point me in the direction for some? love the look of this 110 seriously makes me consider selling my 100

13. mad.matt

mad.matt Well-Known Member

Can't wait to see this in the flesh at STL! :)

14. adam ps13

adam ps13 Member

How much was the turbo to be high flowed ?

15. jimmy crowley

jimmy crowley Rouge Dori s15

just after going through this whole thread again .. no words

16. steveboiboi

steveboiboi Southern style!

cant wait to see this at STL :D Jallon best be there so we can Black gang it up on Minervas

17. mad.matt

mad.matt Well-Known Member

No Glen to give you an active alignment this time :'(

18. -Marc-

-Marc- -JZX-

Can't wait man, got a growing list of things I need to do before hand mind.

Thanks dude!

Gonna be fucking awesome, hopefully get a few good pics/vids of us together before I trash it haha.

For the sake of an update, here's little project I'm doing at the moment. Might not work out but will be legit if it does.

20170319_094601_zpsrvtccq2f.

I need some gauges but I really don't want them all over the dash, this Defi app would solve the problem. We'll see what happens, loads of shit I need to figure out to make it work and I don't really have the time or skill.

Also been having issues with my diff, way too noisy when pulling off and slow turning. Ordered some new, thinner Red line oil with the slippery additive, hopefully that'll solve that.

I've ordered some SuperPro bushes for the rear hubs, the diff seems to of made light work of shredding the stock ones. Will then get the car aligned too as it's still a bit shite.