Boris the BMW E46 Build

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by sideswiper1, Jan 1, 2017.

1. sideswiper1

sideswiper1 New Member

Hi Guys,

After cutting my teeth on an MX5 at Norfolk Arena, I decided to make life a bit easier (the MX5 had no powersteering and you had to drive the bollocks of it all the time) So I bought a very tidy E46 323 Ci for £500 with 98.000 on the clock. First jobs were to reduce the weight by stripping out the unnecessary crap and to fit coilovers. I made a very amateur youtube video about it:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCDLbV9qh3c

2. sideswiper1

sideswiper1 New Member

Here are a couple of pics to give you an idea of what it looks like now:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. sideswiper1

sideswiper1 New Member

More parts bought, some fitted....

More parts were needed, before I could even think of taking Boris for some big skids! So next up I bagged a set of mint 15" skid rims for a bargain £35

[​IMG]

So we painted them in loud colours as per the skid scene!

Next up I managed to get hold of a medium case 3.38 diff from an automatic for £75! :o I then set to with the welder and welded the crap out of it!
    [​IMG]

Next up I got some 3 point harnesses and scored some bucket seats for £20 for the pair! Result! They needed a scrub and one has a small tear, but what the hell at that price who is arguing?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have fitted the passenger seat, but haven't had time to get them both in, so next jobs up are fitting that and the diff.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

4. m11ler

m11ler Member

You've been misinformed pal

5. sideswiper1

sideswiper1 New Member

Why do you say that?

6. LooneyE36

LooneyE36 Member

Because lairy coloured wheels are so 2011. But its your car dude!

7. holdawayt

holdawayt Member

As above, just because it's a drift car doesn't mean it has to look like a banger racer.

8. jay-young

jay-young Active Member

"woah mate, i gots a drift slut so need luminous wheels to make me a better hook slider..."

:wack:

9. sideswiper1

sideswiper1 New Member

Blimey, I didn't realise I could rattle your chains sooooo easily!!! I don't need luminous wheels to look a better slider! lol I don't take myself too seriously, the whole car is a bit 'tongue in cheek', I didn't realise you all had to take so seriously, or are you just people who talk the talk, but don't walk the walk?

10. m11ler

m11ler Member

I've been walking the walk for quite some time now. Albeit a slightly different one to you. With less luminosity.

11. sideswiper1

sideswiper1 New Member

Well each to their own I guess, but a sliver BMW is not going to be the most exiting thing to watch going round Norfolk Arena. Plus I take my 12 year old daughter as a passenger, so I would rather the car is visible (less likely to get twatted into). If it's going to really bother people I will paint the skid wheels hearing aid beige?

12. Andy318ti

Andy318ti Active Member

Paint the car beige but keep the bright wheels.

Up to you dude your car, if they were nicer wheels people might have liked it more.

13. sideswiper1

sideswiper1 New Member

Hi, thanks Andy for the support, at least you aren't a member of the 'Driftworks anti membership brigade!

14. sideswiper

sideswiper New Member

Work has continued with Boris, both the bucket seats are now in and the really make a difference and hold you in. The welded diff is now fitted, plus the traction control and ABS is now disabled.... IMG_0482.JPG

15. sideswiper

sideswiper New Member

The rear box has been deleted mainly because it was blowing! So I have welded a straight piece of pipe on...It makes an interesting noise now! Plus I have removed the front bumper, and chucked away a lot on crap that wasn't needed behind it like the horns ducts etc. I have fitted another horn under the bonnet as the OEM ones didn't work. Then I removed the fog lights, and chopped some other bits out of the front bumper to allow access to the front suspension so an 'A' frame can be fitted easiliy.

16. sideswiper

sideswiper New Member

17. sideswiper

sideswiper New Member

Been twirling the spanners again on Boris.... this time added some adjustable top mounts to add gangster camber!

IMG_0607.JPG

IMG_0608.JPG

IMG_0611.JPG