Building a 400 RB25 attempt

Thread in 'Technical Questions' started by cefiroghost, Feb 25, 2016.

1. cefiroghost

cefiroghost New Member

Hi,
    so now im trying to make my dream car come true

and i want something super fast lets say 400-450 HP this is all on RB25DET

so up until now i have these parts not yet installed

1- Greedy style manifold + 80mm Throtel body + Fuel Rail

2- Aftermarket Turbo 50 in size

3- NGK Iridium BCPR6

4- RB25DET Gear Box

5- r32 diff + Cusco adjustable Toe control rods +aftermarket full adj suspension

6- Blue pin OEM ECU (r33)

7- 3" Intercooler + HKS SSQV Blowoff

8- Tomi Fuel regulaitor + Oil Catch can + Comtic Headgasket 1.3 - 87mm Bor + AEM 320L PH Fuel pump + Oil dumper

9 - Apexi SFAC 2 + innovate Wideband + Turbo boost controler digital

so what i would like to know what am i missing, what are the things that i purched wrong and it will not have any effect

ah and 1 more thing does the nismo gauge cluster spedo 300 fits the cefiro a 31 ???

i appreciate all the help before i blow my Engine ^_^

Thanks again

Note: please try to give me answers without shortcuts im totally new and noob so take it easy :(

2. thebe

thebe Member

Apexi safc2 is crap. Broke my engine with it with just ~300 hp. Get something better like nistune

3. BenRice

BenRice Well-Known Member

Yeah SAFC will make it hard to hit your numbers. Your tuner is going to be the most important person in getting your power goals, and trying to use an SAFC is going to be real tricky.

Where are you based? Research a good tuner close by and see what they prefer to use. Nistune, Link, Power FC are all good options that plug into factory looms to keep the costs down.

What model RB25 is it? Out of an R33 or R34? If R33, is it from a non-facelift (Series 1) or facelift (Series 2)? RB25's are getting old in the tooth - the Series 1's are over 20 years old so be mindful of this and ensure cam wear, bearing wear & compression numbers are healthy before starting. Ideally the NEO RB25's are the best flowing heads and have solid lifters so the best suited to high HP applications - I've seen one with a GT35/40, Sinco exhaust manifold, 800cc injectors and Link ECU make over 300kw (400hp) at the wheels on only 16psi on pump gas, and it is reliable despite getting hammered on track.

And more details on the turbo. Depending where in the world you're based there are better options if you've just bought a cheap turbo. And no mention of exhaust manifold, so save yourself some heartache and don't go cheap e-bay. They will fail and make your life miserable having to constantly remove and weld up cracks - 6boost & Sinco are the best, I'd hunt for a secondhand one of these and get the mating surfaces machined flat as a cheaper option over new.

RB's have a track record of oil issues too, so at the least run an oil cooler and oil pressure gauge. For those kind of hp you'll want to consider (not essential but a good idea) an accusump setup, especially if you are drifting it and an additional oil drain from the head to the sump.

You are going to need a better radiator too, an alloy one will work well and try retain the standard viscous fan. If you need additional cooling on top of this, add a Spal pusher fan to the front on the drivers side (the side with the radiator inlet and outlet).

I guess what i'm saying is there are areas you want to buy quality (either new or secondhand) to achieve your goal hp without hassle, and make it reliable: ECU, exhaust manifold, fuel control (fuel pressure regulator), turbo, cooling and oil system are those areas

4. cefiroghost

cefiroghost New Member

Thanks for your info im really trying as hard as i can but the issue here is that we dont have really good tuners to tune Link or Haltech ECU's but then i will not stop this project

but anyhow i will try to keep this forum updated step by step and if anything i made wrong alert me please

Thanks again

cheers

5. benje1990

benje1990 Member

when you say 50 trim.... what turbo you on about??.... if i was you id do what im doing to my Rb25det.. use a holset HY35 (10cm) single scroll. there great turbos and cheap! quick spool and flow like fuck!
    also for around the 400bhp i would go back to a stock ecu and then go down south to "Bells Auto Services Ropley Ltd" these guys are shit hot with skylines and one of the only uk tuners that can live tune a stock ecu.(£350-£400) I took my stock Laurel C35 to them came in the door running 247bhp came out running 332bhp fully stock injectors turbo. also they had about 10 skylines there be worked on at the same time

6. NikH

NikH Member

your plugs are too warm. try BCPR7ES

7. NikH

NikH Member

I would also bin the wideband you are using and go with the AEM one. They work much better

8. cefiroghost

cefiroghost New Member

awesome thats really sounds cool but unfortunately mate im not from US anyway this turbo you mentioned is there anywhere to buy it online? how much it will cost in US ?

cheers.

9. cefiroghost

cefiroghost New Member

yea i thought so too. Ok i will try

10. H05TYL

H05TYL Member

Hypergear in Aus do a direct bolt on turbo that will make over 400 wheel horsepower on a stock exhaust manifold/dump pipe.
    Have been in an rb25 powered r32 with this turbo and response is pretty good, though not a match for a gt3076r - for price and ease of fitment it's a great option though.

ATR45 Specially Application Turbocharger Internally gated for RB25det