C32 laurel daily and eventually drift

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by d0g0k, Jul 8, 2014.

1. d0g0k

d0g0k Member

I got this off chunk, and from a few searches it appears this was slamberts before that.
    It has s13 coilovers and front hubs. And had a set if advans on it already

here's when I got her back to mine
    [​IMG]

2. d0g0k

d0g0k Member

I gave her a clean up. Changed the front plate. Polished the wheels and slapped some 20mm hub centric spacers on all 4 corners and she didn't look too bad
    Also the water pump gasket had gone so put a new one in along with a new pump and thermostat
    [​IMG]

3. d0g0k

d0g0k Member

After that it was time to address some of it's issues
    The back suspension was pretty knackered and the thing drive like a boat
    Luckily enough I have a s13 so I had some spare teins for the rear end.
    Got em on easy enough after some fiddling with the stock suspension top mounts
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Drilled a couple holes so I could get the damper controls a bit more accessible

[​IMG]

Also took a bit of the camber off the front as the wheels looked a bit lost.

[​IMG]

4. d0g0k

d0g0k Member

The car is great all round and a mediocre daily driver. It's comfy and gets plenty of looks.
    Unfortunately it still has the odd problem. Nothing major but this light comes on when it's under load
    [​IMG]

It doesn't feel like anything drastic happens when it comes on or when it goes off but something obviously is causing it. It looks like a choke light or maybe something indicating the cold start injector.
    I've done the usual check for vac leaks etc and also changed every vac line, dizzy cap, rotor arm, coil and put a adjustable fpr in. The fuel pressure was quite low on the stock regulator.

But still the light comes on.
    Cleaned the mad and throttle body too.
    I've asked on zclub about it and not had any solid answers

Other plans for the car would maybe be some triple carbs. If there's a issue with the intake side of things then I'd rather sack off the injection and get a little more power than spend a arm and a leg replacing sensors and injectors as none of them are cheap

Also would like to get a full s13 rear setup in it. So going to look into that more.
    And maybe a more powerful engine once I've weighed up costs and time investment.

Any comments, pointers or criticism welcome.

5. orjanlaurel

orjanlaurel New Member

These cars are awsesome! I got one myself and yours look just the way I want mine too look :) Keep up the good job (Y)

6. zek

zek New Member

I like this car ! she's beautiful ! :D