C34 Laurel Comp spec build

Thread in 'Project Cars and Builds Threads' started by Chunky Nugget, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Chunky Nugget

Chunky Nugget honkeytits!!

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG] [​IMG][/URL][/IMG] Well its been a long time since I updated.
    The Laurel has been used in daily service for a while now.
    Took it for some skids, did a passenger ride day for Chunkle at Brands Hatch which was a good laugh. Drifting heavy cars is the balls, no effort drifting. Did some hilarious trains with Mike Marshal and Norfy which resulted in minute love taps.
    The standard RB25 turbo was a bit shit at low boost so I got my hands on a Conceptua Kinjutsu which I got cheap. Welded a wastegate onto a stock manifold,screamers are not for me so I returned into the elbow (trying to find the pictures) with a flexi pipe in to the elbow.
    Bought a Nistune and gave it a base map which has become a long term map ha ha. It's not ideal as It's a 300zx ECU which is why I haven't spent much time with you, I'll be swapping to an RB20 so I can use the TPS o make my life easier.
    Fitted a Innovate SCG 1 which is a wideband / boost controller which has safety features to reduce the boost if it senses AFR's it doesn't like. Sick bit of kit and an engine saver, as I'm still running high comp and boost I need as many safety features as possible
    Life styled a bit at a car show I put on at our new garage in Bracknell.
    So it's currently in my garage at home waiting to be MOT'd and taxed and ripped again. Going to get the RB20det ECU sorted and put a decent MAP on it, maybe fit a Cosworth HG and wind the boost up ( a lot) as low boost is fun, but ultimately a bit disappointing ha ha.

Shit update done.

Random Photo dump of the car. Now I don't need photobucket ( good work DW) I'll get some more relevant pictures up.

Screenshot_20170721-102603.

laurel 2.

laurel 1.

Screenshot_20170721-102528.
    Screenshot_20170721-102534.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chunky Nugget

More Random Photos

This is a car!
    DSC_0072.JPG

This is a tacked together not so screamer pipe, which got cut out and flexi inserted any way.

DSC_0101.JPG

This is what happens when you fit autogrips to the rear of your car, it rains, and you do a ( not so) legendary full bore clutch kick off a roundabout. ( I found the bumper )

DSC_0114.JPG

This is the version 1 turbo elbow going on. ( i didn't have flexi at the time so though fuck it, welded it up solid, regretted it soon after)

DSC_0109.JPG
    This is a car, about to go drifting, with wheels on the boot.

DSC_0140.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  3. BenRice

BenRice Well-Known Member

Fuck yeah, still going!

Such a rad car dude

• Like Like x 1
  4. Chunky Nugget

Cheers dude, want sure anyone would even remember it it's been so long ha ha.
    Planning on getting it on the dyno when its back on the road and seeing what I can squeeze from a stock NA engine, probably a lot of dett.
    Should be back legal next month, just got too many projects going on as always. I've got a few more pictures that I found to sling up this evening.

• Like Like x 1