CA18DET preservation society

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by dori_wey, Nov 11, 2012.

1. lezbrucelee

lezbrucelee Southwall Smokers

Anyone know where i can get new valves and oil stem seals from? i see apex do lifters but nothing else listed for head bits. Gonna rebuild a head me thinks. Mines got a small miss after sitting when warm and i didnt do the head when i did the bottom end.

2. steve109

steve109 Member

Specs are all in my project thread basically walbro, japspeed exhaust, nkg colder plugs, z32 fuel filter, catch can, air con delete, sandwich plate, nistune on base map rest is on my build thread.

State 3 6puk clutch and lightened flywheel this week with braided clutch line

Stage 3 in a few weeks got all the parts ready to go just need to save for remap or find a suitable .bin file to load onto it

3. josh

josh Member

You can get the valves ect form a normal motor factors like euro car parts or similar! The stem seals will probs come along with a head gasket set! Or I'm sure I've got a set if stem seals kicking about for the ca!

4. ludi

ludi Active Member

Yes, the CA deserves a better reputation than the often widespread. A small and powerful engine!

Steve from FC Tuning about the CA:
    TUNING THE NISSAN CA18DET (S13) | FCTUNING

My engine bay:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

@1bar 314HP/245 lb/ft
    @1,45bar 366HP/302 lb/ft

Best Regards, ludi

5. dustyjake

dustyjake Member

I love how these things go full circle, not more than a year ago you'd be an internet outcast if you said a good word about the ca. Now its hip to run a ca or something.
    I followed a beatup old 13 yesterday and the smell of burning oil and cooking gaskets brought memories flooding back

6. SteveC200

SteveC200 Used to drift, now I don't.

Nah, I reckon the SR lovers have got bored and given up on trying to convert us.:D

7. dori_wey

dori_wey Member

hello ludi nice CA there mate tidy as usual specs please anything different you've done? that's who mapped mine fc tuning, going to take it back for a remap soon.
    Im dithering slightly as i would like to freshen my engine up IE bearings, rings, stem seals, gaskets ect, yet ive never took on some thing like that so could see it going kinda wrong, Ive had a few minor issues which can lead towards rings going but not 100%.
    so guna do a comp cheek, she runs like a dream other than that but it may nt even be that.
    But wouldn't mind refreshing her up anyway
    what would people buy and were from for a freshen up?
    attempt it my self or get it done if so prices and were to south west ? even if theres a wiz with them south west that wouldn't mind giving a hand ?
    The CA is a good little engine, they drive well like little pocket rockets ahah

8. ludi

ludi Active Member

Unfortunately, I could only understand half. :( Since there are no secrets about my CA. Forged engine parts, good supporting mods and a good mapping - it's all in the video, which I have in the car. :)

But I recommend NGK BKR7EIX or BKR8EIX plugs and none of Denso ... And new or aftermarket ignition coils!

Best Regards, ludi

9. sparky_s13

sparky_s13 Active Member

Ludi, what management you running?

Nice flames :)

10. ludi

ludi Active Member

Thanks and I run Nistune. ;)

Best Regards, ludi

11. dustyjake

dustyjake Member

Your probably right there, I've never got people that buy a ca engined car and instantly swap out for an Sr. I've always been of the opinion better the devil you know.

12. steve109

steve109 Member

Wasn't me was it haha! Was out travelling the country in mine. I've known n-other than the ca, seems alright for me will be changing it out but that's not for this thread!

That is pretty tidy Ludi! Seems to go well too!

13. Richhudson

Richhudson Member

Just wondering if anyone has every attempted to tidy up the intake manifold at all i.e removing as much crap from the right side as possible. I am currently doing a bit of an engine and bay freshen up, I have the engine out and on a stand and im going to remove a lot of stuff including the intake manifold and I wanted to know what I could get away with removing and blanking

Where i stand right now
    [​IMG]

#193 Richhudson, Feb 2, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  14. dori_wey

dori_wey Member

strangely recognize this place :wack: look on the earlier pages dude loads on breather stuff, and look at steve109 i think on his project hes just replaced everything, in fact if Steve could post what hose he used and what he did be awesome :thumbs:

15. lezbrucelee

lezbrucelee Southwall Smokers

Norris designs do a couple of inlet manifolds for the ca depending on how deep your pockets are

16. Mr III

Mr III Active Member

What ever happend to the 600bhp Norris car? i remember that being an animal.

17. Richhudson

Richhudson Member

Yeh but do you really need a new intake mani or can you get away with removing things and blocking them off, my pockets arn't very deep at all but I work at a machine shop and can easily make blanking plates or weld things up

18. m.d.

m.d. Active Member

It was too problematic so they dismantled it.
    I think the last straw was when it cracked the block.

19. SteveC200

SteveC200 Used to drift, now I don't.

It got sold to a chap I know who lived in Ipswich. He spent a mint on it trying to get more power but it was kept breaking, it cracked two blocks. It then got stripped and the shell got sold to a bloke that used to be on here.

20. keggy

keggy Member

White 1 reg k55 OHP? If so it's in Northern Ireland in my shed :)