CA18DET preservation society

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by dori_wey, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Stock manifold is good for best part of 400bhp IIRC, and won't crack.

Most of all, and I've been saying it for years but it's like bashing your head against a brick wall as no cunt listens, no manifold will survive without luck unless you run a turbo hanger, like all fucking race cars ever made run.

FFS, GrpA R32 GT-Rs ran them with standard cast manifolds and standard size turbos!

And I mean proper hangers, not those pathetic pieces of metal to brace a manifold.

2. Rads_s13

Rads_s13 DWYB & DRIFT TAXI

I've seen a couple of nice turbo installs, but have you got any good pics stav? When I do my new setup I want to make it the best I can.

something along the lines of these?
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

#42 Rads_s13, Nov 15, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2012
  3. martyn_sx

martyn_sx Active Member

Love my CA

teated it with some nice parts and it been fine

[​IMG]

4. lezbrucelee

lezbrucelee Southwall Smokers

all my pipe comes from rally design, their based in whitstable kent which is just up the road from me, They do pretty much every shape size colour u could want, just about everything i buy comes from there. Tell u want they dont do though mini light wheels for a 4x114.3 stud pattern:cry:

#44 lezbrucelee, Nov 15, 2012
  5. AndyS13

AndyS13 Member

Id love to get a set of cams for mine but atm im just wanting to open it up get all the breathers cleaned, a proper breather set up as this seems to be crucial in these engines lasting and use it!

#45 AndyS13, Nov 15, 2012
  6. muhuha

muhuha Active Member

Totally argee, just in the process of fitting a t35 onto my CA (top mount) and i can't see it not snapping off as it isn't exactly lightweight! I need to get something made up quicktime.

7. dori_wey

dori_wey Member

i had a tubular mani on the car when it came, was told there can be clearence issues with the standard if not ill got back to it, for ease, ill have a look at rally design then, a t35 on a ca :wack: pictures please dude..

yea it seams breathing is a decider on the engine :nod:

8. muhuha

muhuha Active Member

Lol ill get pics at the weekend, i've just taken off the chinese Gt2871 turbo which i was running @ 1.4bar since july and it was a beast. Only thing i'm worried about is the turbo/manifold hitting the ABS unit, going to be a tight fit. I won't be running over 1.4bar on the standard engine tho.

9. mc_bob

mc_bob Active Member

There's also the bit where no one fills it with the right amount of oil due to the dipstick design..

10. dori_wey

dori_wey Member

11. Dex

Dex kut!

i never look at the dipstick, i watch the can to see how much went in

12. Stavros

Stavros Active Member

Rads- Yeah, something like that. That one is quite subtle compared to a lot of race ones.

GrpA R32 ones on stock cast manifolds and little turbos.
    [​IMG]

13. dori_wey

dori_wey Member

oh yea of course same

14. chazbob

chazbob Member

interesting thread. i own an S14.. seen a handful of people put CA's into them when they pop. They seem a hole lot better after reading this thread.

15. AndyS13

AndyS13 Member

How do you do the dipstick properly then is it not a piece of piss?

16. lezbrucelee

lezbrucelee Southwall Smokers

Throw the abs in the bin its useless and ur problems solved. I can left foot or heel n toe brake mine with no abs with out locking up. Unless u treat ur brak3 pedal like ur clutch pedal u wont have a problem. I hate abs its intrusive.

Edit.... That makes me sound like Im biggin myself up just to clear up i dont think Im the best driver just saying remove it Ull be fine

#56 lezbrucelee, Nov 15, 2012
  17. jon_smith

jon_smith Member

Here are some better pics of the engine:-

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Its running a t28 turbo, ported head, flow matched manifolds (inlet and exhaust), CA16 cam and some 1250cc ASNU injectors (along with a few other bits and bobs). We had issues with the ethanol so it has now also got a microtec ign amplifyer and some posh AEM coils in there with MSD ign leads. Going to push for 380bhp and 380 ft/lbs once its up and running properly :p

Its probs best to look at my project thread for more info though because I'm really starting to whore now lol.

18. kellman

kellman Member

Ca's seem pretty solid, mine is running 342 bhp with lightened balanced crank and flywheel, ACL bearings, arp big end bolts, forged rods and pistons, uprated valves, tomei cams, steel h/g, nizmo 555's, z32 maf, gt2871r@20 psi.

19. dori_wey

dori_wey Member

yea ca's are solid now as a lot of them have been rebuilt and a lot of care goes into them ca's looking fresh there man is it standard pistons there good up to 400 correct well ish with a good map that's the make or break there mine over fuels abit its quite a safe map , all this info makes a good read FTW

20. kam

kam I've touched Chris Parry

Nice! Which T28?