CA18DET preservation society

Thread in 'Drifting Chat / Pictures / Videos' started by dori_wey, Nov 11, 2012.

1. kellman

kellman Member

You'll need the plug of the main loom from an sr engined 14 and the wiring diagram for both the 13 and the 14 the ecu plug came off. Then you need to match your harness to the equivalent pins on the new 14 plug.

2. SteveC200

SteveC200 Used to drift, now I don't.

S14 and S14A have different ECU plugs, pretty sure its an S14A plug I used but a bit of research into the plug/pin layout will confirm for you which one is needed.

3. dori_wey

dori_wey Member

i use a nistunes seams to work ok, mapped by fc-tuning

4. Ness

Ness Member

I put in my first chip at the weekend, Turbonoz stage one. Seems to run alot better over the standard one. I'm quite happy with it.

5. josh

josh Member

I'm running a Horsham stage 2 chip at mo and it seems ok! Just think I could probs get more out if it with a more tailored map.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. kellman

kellman Member

Mine was set up by Jez and makes 342bhp and like I say that's on a h-dev chip.

7. Rads_s13

Rads_s13 DWYB & DRIFT TAXI

I'm running a NISTUNE board, the one and only time i've had this engine on the dyno it made 294.5bhp and 269 ft/lb's. that was with a small S15 spec-r standard turbo and the first map to check it was safe.

8. dori_wey

dori_wey Member

Rads_s13 mines very similar to that who mapped yours ? josh wanna get some specs and engine bay pics up in here ?
    any cool ideas for CA's ?

9. m.d.

m.d. Active Member

yeah the red top 180sx and the s14a use the same plug but the red top PFC doesnt have the VVT so would work on a CA with some loom fudgery.

i used to love the CA untill after my 3rd i had finally had enough of worrying all the time so fitted an SR and as much as i hate to say it i love the fact i can just kill it every day and then park up and know itll start in the morning and do the same.

now im not slating the CA as when mine was running it was much more enjoyable to drive than the SR as the sound etc was so much nicer. but there is no doubt the CA is definitely less reliable, the reliable ones are very few and far between now, ive even rebuilt one before and the big ends went a month later, ive built loads of engines and never had one do that before, we believe it had a little twist in the crank that caused the big ends to go the second time but we cant be sure.

there is one thing though, if i had one in the car there is no way id rip it out for no reason, the two years i had my stage 1 CA in my s13 when i first got it were brilliant and i gave it death all the time, the only reason it died was after i went to stage 3,
    my personal oppinion of them now is to just keep them at stage 1 or maybe 2 and keep on top of the breather issues and oil changes, you cant go wrong then

10. josh

josh Member

sup bud,
    specs are just the usual stage 2 shizz, my dyno print out was from an engine that had low compression so probs makes a little more with the new lump in there!

i dont have any decent engine bay pics

[​IMG]

just have that pic from when we changed the engine, a scene im sure most ca owners have seen before haha!

I have to admit i do love my ca, but i wouldnt call i reliable! but then again with the amount of abuse it gets and the fact its running full stage to mods its never given out on me when i couldnt see it coming or it was actually my fault for not keeping on top of the mechanicals!

11. Mr III

Mr III Active Member

Here's a pic of mine in march,

[​IMG]

Will get some more when weather is better.

Tony

12. dori_wey

dori_wey Member

looks tidy that mate real nice what color is that on the actual car ? code wise i like it :euge:

its pretty much coming out you keep on top of timing and oil and mapping there fine but were all lazy and bounce them off the limeter :wack: admin of engine is a must :smokin:

13. Mr III

Mr III Active Member

Colour is a nissan purple but has been modified to give the desired colour and loads of Crystal from the lexus range.

14. NORFY

NORFY Active Member

This was mine until the head gasket blew and I decided to go a different route. Did have a solid 350 hp build planned but it worked out a little too expensive lol
    [​IMG]

15. 200sx_

200sx_ PS13 x TD Power

Think the limiter bit was overused last night haha, just slidey slidey bang bang down the road haha. Two CA's are now out, let's see how they last with abuse?

16. dori_wey

dori_wey Member

this is not a debate terry, but clearly better than some :smash:

17. captain_chaos

captain_chaos Member

Here's something for the CA18 love :)

18. stealthyninja6

thats probably the best ca ive seen in a while

19. Ness

Ness Member

20. dori_wey

dori_wey Member

I cant watch the vid stupid phone but from the pic isnt that morbens one ? A ca monster, norfey i used to reglisouly read ur car then you put a v8 in it tut tut haha no its great now thats the only other way id go.